8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was bored with my normal fogs, and had a good deal on some projector fogs so I decided to make the other day a "project day". I am very happy with the results. I just took pictures so you could see them in the daytime. When I get around to wiring the fogs in so that I can turn them on with only the parking lights, I will post night pics. Otherwise, the pictures won't be as impressive.

Sorry for the dirty car. I just cleaned in yesterday, but I have a gravel/dirt driveway that has now become a mudpit because of the warm temperatures melting everything.

Tell me what you think:

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
I second that. Lens protection. I can see those being pitted quite quickly. Props for doing something different though! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool... a concern though would be protection for the lenses..... Have you thought of a way to make them shatter proof or resistant?

Yeah...I initially had a different design that would have protected them but that didn't work out. This was my second attempt. I'm kinda worried about them shattering but hopefully they'll be fine. I mean they are really nice projectors, and they are intended as regular foglights, so they should be able to put up to a little abuse. *crosses fingers*

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Just a thought and I dont know how much work this will take but on your bumper, where honda has put in the two recess locations for the fogs, make a plexi-glass screen that would be flush to the bumper. Molds may be required to get the right shape to the bumper. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just a thought and I dont know how much work this will take but on your bumper, where honda has put in the two recess locations for the fogs, make a plexi-glass screen that would be flush to the bumper. Molds may be required to get the right shape to the bumper. Just a thought.

That's a pretty good suggestion, and I thought about that. But doing that would be pretty hard without cutting into my bumper somehow. So far, everything I've done is completely reversible.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
2000+ Celica's had exposed projector foglights and from what i have read they never had any issues cracking.
correct, but they are almost in a little cave compared to those ones on the civic. Love my buddys celica wit yellow projector fogs. Start green :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts