8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

My Si sucks..

8K views 95 replies 53 participants last post by  GeezerSi 
#1 ·
So to add to my string of bad luck lately, allow me to share yet another sad story with you.

I'm so upset. I parked next to a 4 door titan (iirc) at the northridge mall (for the locals) tonight and when I got back, I said to my GF, "Hey check and make sure there's no door dings on the car."

She drops her jaw and I rush over (that happens a lot ;) ) .. that, for lack of a more apropiate (sp?) word, M\THRFFF&&& scratched my passenger door!!! The ding is no ding. It's DEEP, about 3-4 inches long, and it's soooo visible because it's also THICK.

my emotions went something like this;

:eek:mg::eek:hnoes::xyxnervou:box::mad::(:banghead::face-puke:surrender::eek:wneddance:

/rant

I don't care if I'm driving my POS 1g mitsu eclipse (no pun intended), I ALWAYS put my hand at the end of my door to NOT hit the $50K or $500 car that I just parked next to if the space in between is too close for comfort.

If something like this happened to you. Share you're story. If it hasn't happened to you, I hope it never does :xyxnervou

See less See more
#28 ·
OMG i have a bad story too.

It was about 5 years ago, was drivin my clean ass 1997 Trans Am w/ t-tops and chrome rims. Well i blew the fuel pump in the Jewel parking lot so i was stuck waitin for a ride. This old fat bi**h parks next to me, in like a 1985 Mercury Grand POS. So she goes into the store, i'm still sittin.

She comes back like 10 mins later, and is loadin her back seat and i'm just sittin there watchin my mirror and her door close to my ride. So she's like leaning all the way in her back seat and her big ass smacks her rear door and slams right into my 1/4 panel. I'm like OMG are you serious, you couldn't have bumped the fiberglass doors or the plastic front fenders, you have to bump the rear 1/4 panels which are metal. So i get out and the first thing she says is "i didn't hit your car". I'm like i watched you do it WTF. She processes to get into her car i'm just sittin there like WTF. So when she's backin out i hocked a big ass lugee right on her windshield and was like F you bit**.

BTW i park in the back where ever i go. Even if the store is empty i'll still park 5-10 parking spaces back just so no one will park next to me. Its funny i love when i come out and theres a clean ass car all the way in the back parked next to me and i can hear them saying in the back of my head to me "yea i know how it feels man" lol

#30 ·
^^something similar happened to me...but instead of a fat chick it was a kid. slammed his door right into me. the dad gets out and looks at me like, oh well. i was pretty pissed, but luckly there was no damage. instead of spitting on his car i let them walk a head of me a little bit and then when he wasnt looking i tripped his kid. then i gave him the oh well look...

well, the last part didnt happen...but everything else did.

#34 ·
Well, as bad as this sounds....

I hope you guys really are disabled if you're using those parking spots.

I always park in the back by myself. Every day at work I have a whole parking lot just for my car. I can't park on the end spots near the front next to the curb because there's grass medians and bushes that the landscaping people trim every freaken day. They come with their weed wackers and leaf blowers and don't care about the cars parked there. Rocks flying out of weed wackers? No thanks.

#36 ·
i parked next to my friends car we pulled in at the same time and i opend my door his pasenger just whips the door open straight into myne without even looking 2 see if my door was oppen i was pissed almost threw down with fistica's but kept my reserve and held back with everything i had see how we are both in the military and i porbalby woulda gotten into a lota trouble.

#43 ·
I caught a lady in the act and she shrugged it off like, "you cant even see them". This was my '00 EX. After a month of calling her husband he agreed to pay for the repair. One week later my car was near($5800 damage) totalled in a sideswipe. My fault. I'm pretty skilled at finding places to park where others wont park or at least not too close to me. If I cant find a bonafide parking space I will make one. 8 months now and not one ding.
On the third day of ownership I found a huge luggey on my drivers window. Jealous *****.

#45 ·
if someone hit my car id break their window and leave. end of story
id be soooooooooo pissed you have no idea.
at school the kids like to write things on the windows of peoples cars and stufff and put stuff on people car and every kid at my school knows that is they touched my car that then they would be dealing with me. btw no one has touched my car since this happened to my rsx and i got my o7 si gg 4 door
came out to my rsx last year as the kid was writing on my car n chased him down n that was the last time he ever even looked at me.

#46 ·
Back in 95 (my senior year) I bought a 92 Eagle Talon. I loved that car, for the time it was a nice car to have. I remember going to a 711 to get my girl something to drink. We parked for a few & while we were talking, some ass in a rusty clunker drove up, parked next to us & massively hit my front fender when he opened his door. I was so pissed. My gf knew how mad i was & told me to stay in the car. Well I couldnt...

I got out of the car and said "What the hell is wrong with you?" He looked at me, spit in my direction, said F-you & went into the store. Now Im REALLY mad. I thought about windows, even tires, honestly I couldnt decide. I walked around to his car & ended up noticing a minor rust hole just behind the front door & proceeded to kick the spot. (stupid I know, I was only 17) No lie, my foot went right into his car. My foot left a hole just bigger than a softball in the side of his car. We left VERY shortly after.

It ended up costing me $175 for a dentless repair guy & scratches on my Timberland kicking foot. True story. It never ceases to amaze me how careless some people are of others cars.

#48 ·
i used to drive a 93 acura legend as my daily when i had my 00 si back in the day. long story short i came out to a suburban parked next to me and noticed a huge white paint stained gash in my driver door. suburban was white and it was obvious that they did it. so i kicked there a huge dent in the driver side door and the back passgenger door. and the back fenger. and then left. daily or not. karmas a *****. inconsiderate gets revenge :)
my gf was like freaking out ;) if someone hit my fg i'd probably nuke them lol

#50 ·
It happened to me once.. lol
I was @ hope depot, came back, and saw a "1/2 inch scratch" on the passenger side..
I was like, WTF, I'm going to key this bit**... Lol, I wait for her, and say: wt* happened? you scratched my car..
She's like: "OMG, I can't believe it.. I parked here before you.. " LOL..
I was like.. Open your door, let me SEE if it hits the same spot..
She opened, and it was far away lol.. (Happened another time)..
I apologized and left embarrassed..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.