8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 weeks after my drop. the curb was no higher than any other ive seen, and im usually very careful but somehow i scraped. here's the pics.
enjoy :/

okay, so should i

a) try to fix it myself, and is that even a possibility?
b) just take it to a bodyshop.
c) how would they fix it?

i understand it's not a huge scratch, but i want to take it out. i know i won't ever make this mistake again.

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
^^ Yep. No way in hell you'll take out a 'scratch' like that and look perfect. Much too large. I'd go w/ what he said and get the HFP lip

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
a good body shop will charge less than an HFP kit and your car wont have ugly plastic glued to it. and yes, a good body shop can fix that up fine. and the color will match more than an HFP kit also.

·
Premium Member
112,534 Posts
If youre getting work done for taht scratch. I think i need to replace my whole front bumber. How much would that cost by the way?

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
you can fix that yourself but you can also take it to a pro or HFP lip. 3 things to do. it's your choice. If you don't like your work on the DIY repair than you can get a pro to handle it. atleast this way you can practice on your car for the first time and see how you do so you can know how to do these type of things. it's a good thing that it's that low at eye's distance.

i'm sorry that happen to you though. how low did you drop?. I'm having trouble understanding why the SIDE is scraped instead of the bottom but it sucks either way. just think about. OH, it's a good thing that it's plasic so it doesn't rust.

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
thats sucks.......i got the same thing.. but i got a blk car
I was wondering what color the primer is underneath the paint on a NHBP Si anyways,.....anyone know?. is it like a white-ish-grey-ish color?.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I would consider that to be a "big" scratch :xyxnervou . You can HFP it(the common fix for all civic related problems, or I'd take it to get fixed, that should be able to be fixed without a new bumper potentially.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts