8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought a civic si 2 weeks ago and my readiness codes arent setting... they told me to do a drive cycle and i have driven 800+ miles and still not set. the engine light is not on either, a mechanic said thats bad news. im not good with cars i need some good news /:

·
Does this do anything?
2,716 Posts
It should only take about 10 miles of constant driving above 65 mph to set the readiness codes, but it's gotta be a steady cruise, I've always had luck just setting the cruise at 70 and keeping an eye on it til they set. If they aren't setting, it should throw a DTC that will give you something to work with to fix the issue.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Let me know if you figure this out cause I cant get my cat or my evap set..... Drivin 700km I really need my inspection... Please help lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let me know if you figure this out cause I cant get my cat or my evap set..... Drivin 700km I really need my inspection... Please help lol
same exact codes arent setting for me. anybody good with cars know what to do? ive driven 800 miles and EVAP + Cat wont set. i need to pass inspection soon

·
Registered
252 Posts
evap should set, but only over night. It also depends on how much fuel is in the tank. I think it cant be completely full nor completely empty. IT will monitor the vacuum the tank gets when the warm air constricts.

In the factory service manual there may be a section where it shows how to make those monitors pass. We had to do it for a certain car, stupid thing had to be crusin at 41mph turn the ac on and then slowly decell for one monitor. But once it did it it worked right away.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Ya iv tried all those. I keep hearing evap should set it self. If it's not setting and I'm not throwing a cel could there still be an issue with the system that needs fixed or is this cause I ****** with the tuning ?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Ya I'm running flash pro. I'm being tuned by atm but had to stop to get this set. I have my second 02 on with a j bend. And the evap is also on I still just don't understand! Il post a cal when in home from work.

·
Registered
362 Posts
If you don't have a cat, the monitor will not set. From what I've read at Hondata, cat must set before evap will.

My secondary O2 was acting up, causing my closed loop AFR to oscillate, so I disabled it in FlashPro. It seems that evap will set even though the catalyst monitor has not if you disable the sO2. Do you need all monitors to complete? Running my car like this I only have one not complete which is sufficient to pass inspection.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm running the skunk mega header.... Can anyone else chime in on this? Iv read guys have passed with the race header and it has set cause all your doing is simulating the cat with the v bend on the second 02.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm having plating my car for the first time in a new province so it has to be fully ok, iv heard I can pass with one not ready. Fml I don't want to take all my stuff off!!!!

·
Registered
362 Posts
In the old "race" calibrations I believe it forced the catalyst monitor to ready, mine would show as complete with the sO2 disabled. Maybe you could run one of the maps from flashprotuning.com to pass inspection.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am the original owner of a 2010 Honda Civic EX-L with unusually low mileage. The car has only 2,320 miles. It’s only used as a backup and for emergencies.

Due to Covid-19 the car was not driven at all for a while. The battery discharged March 2021, erasing “Readiness Codes”. Now, after recharging the battery, the Malfunction Indicator Lamp comes on for 20 seconds and then blinks five times, when the ignition switch is turned to the ON position, without starting the engine. This indicates Readiness Codes are not set.

We followed the instructions in Honda’s User Manual for resetting the Readiness Codes, but can’t get them reset. After the battery recharged, the car was driven 340 miles (both city and highway).

Side note: The TPMS indicator light is ON. But after 10-years, one or more tire TPMS lithium batteries just probably needs to be replaced. This should not affect Readiness Codes.

Please help me set the Readiness Codes, so the Civic can pass its next New York State Emissions Inspection, scheduled for December 2021. Any advice or ideas would be much appreciated.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts