8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday me and a friend of mine were installing our injen cai. him having a rsx type s and me with a 07 si coupe....not knowing that our radio system would lock us out if the battery was disconnected.

anyway, I dont remember having a card from when my car was bought with the code to unlock my radio.

Im thinking of going to the dealership today and have them check it out.
hopefully they can help me and wont trip off my cold air intake?

·
Registered
75 Posts
So yesterday me and a friend of mine were installing our injen cai. him having a rsx type s and me with a 07 si coupe....not knowing that our radio system would lock us out if the battery was disconnected.

anyway, I dont remember having a card from when my car was bought with the code to unlock my radio.

Im thinking of going to the dealership today and have them check it out.
hopefully they can help me and wont trip off my cold air intake?
They shouldn't even open the hood.

Before you go try to call. Sometimes they will advise you over the phone. Also look for a 5 digit code on a white sticker. From the Factory/dealer they have to put it in there. Look in your glove box or in you center console maybe. Look in your manual too. They may have stuck it in there. It is a litte white rectangle sticker.

·
Registered
75 Posts
You can retrieve your radio code online from https://radio-navicode.honda.com/.
I searched for "radio code" in Honda's Owner Link website https://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/login.asp?brand=honda to get this link.

Audio and Navigation System Theft Protection
For theft protection purposes, your audio system will be disabled if it is disconnected from electrical power for any reason. To make it work again, you must enter a specific code with the preset buttons. Because there are thousands of possible number combinations from five digits, making the system work without knowing the code is nearly impossible.
Retrieve Your Code
You can retrieve your code using this website by providing identity verification and vehicle information in a few simple steps.
Hours of Operation
This automated process is available Monday to Friday 4:00 AM to 9:00 PM PST (Pacific Standard Time) , 4:00 AM to 6:30 PM on Saturdays , and 4:00 AM to 9:00 PM PST on Sundays.
What You Will Need
Vehicle VIN Number
Phone Number and Zip Code matching those on file
Device Serial Number: Radio and / or Navigation
Great info! Now for the test. Do you know how to get the serial # without removing the radio. It is a combination of buttons but I can't remember off the top of my head.

·
Crazy Yellow Puppet
26,930 Posts
i heard of radio codes being listed on the edge of the glove compartment, my car has it there.
I would honestly write that number down and place it somewhere in your house. Then, I would remove that sticker. If someone knows anything about 8th Gens and they want your radio/navi, they can easily check your glovebox before ripping that sucker out. If your code is there, they can grab your head unit with no worries.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm glad I got this.

and just noticed this thread got sticky'd!

I was on my way to honda and happened to look in my glove box and saw the code in the manual written down by the dealership and also found the card with the code also. So for sure, if you have your manual, you should have the code down.

you can now proceed to :vtec:

·
Registered
68 Posts
You can also find the code in the "Honda Service History" booklet that was in the same bag as your owners manual. The code is on the first page if the tech that did the pre delivery inspection wrote it in there.
-Brad

·
Registered
375 Posts
If u ha your navi replaced by Honda more than twice here's an easier especially if u lose the last code card they gave u after the last installation like I did(they forgot to update the new code in their files)

Below your ac and heat controls is a small pocket/ comparment. On the top of the pocket there's a cover clip, just simply unclip it with a small flat head. Once it's off there's a sticker with serial numbers, if u present that to go da they can look up ur pass code. You save yourself $80-179 at Honda agioding them fr ripping off your whole dashboard off like they told me lol

·
Registered
211 Posts
Radio code question

I somehow lost my radio code card, and I never had a sticker on my glove box with the number.

I know if you hit 1 and 6 on your radio, then turn it's power on, you are supposed to get the number you need. When I do this I get a reading that says "DIAG".

Does your radio have to be already in "lockdown" mode to have it read the number from the 1&6 trick?

My radio currently works, but I know I am going to need the code soon when I reset my ECU. The dealership has been less than helpful.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Anyone have an idea as to whether a new (new to the vehicle) Honda OEM radio, and hence a new security code will have any impact on the vehicle's security system and immobilizer? e.g.- key/fobs still work?

1 - 20 of 82 Posts