8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
sweet ride man, love the new wheels def a nice choice, how is that carbon hood holdin up with the factory latch system, i am on the brink of getting one due to an idot who smashed my hood butafter i seen your i think i know what i will be doin!

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The hood is great. I did have to lower the factory latch when I first got it so it would pull the hood down more secure but other then that its been golden.

·
Registered
944 Posts
larryd said:
The hood is great. I did have to lower the factory latch when I first got it so it would pull the hood down more secure but other then that its been golden.
was it very hard to lower the latch?

·
Registered
916 Posts
those look so nice. That first pictures is one of the best ive seen. Your ride is super clean and it is the BEST rallye red ive seen. Everyones getting their wheels and my damn volks should be hear in a week or two.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nah not at all. its like 4 bolts.

The wheels were actually off of our Celica that we sold. We've had em for awhile just sitting in the garage and I felt like puttin em on today.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
damn..i used to have a red 95 coupe..was so nice..and this red coupe you have damn nice... i guess red is kinna the shiiit frillz... where'd you get the hood???got my hood at importtrenz.com... well never actually put it on yet..hopefully it fits cuz the first one i got from them didn't fit right so i had to get another one..

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Again with the busted ass rims, black does NOT match with Red, when are people going to understand that! And secondly why on Earth would you put that ugly ass carbon fiber hood on such a beautiful car, the only color carbon fiber hoods look good on is black!

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
spocheld said:
Again with the busted ass rims, black does NOT match with Red, when are people going to understand that! And secondly why on Earth would you put that ugly ass carbon fiber hood on such a beautiful car, the only color carbon fiber hoods look good on is black!
1. How can you call anything made by Rays busted?
2. Black doesn't match? Black matches everything. Period!
3. I personally hate CF on a black car. It makes the CF not even look black. CF only looks good on cars of color, not black.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Larryd, what's the weight on those good looking rims? I saw them in silver 19"s last week on an Accord and I was impressed with the build quality.

·
Premium Member
37,357 Posts
Toxis said:
1. How can you call anything made by Rays busted?
2. Black doesn't match? Black matches everything. Period!
3. I personally hate CF on a black car. It makes the CF not even look black. CF only looks good on cars of color, not black.

+1 for Toxis.

Except for 1 leeeetle thing. There is a black WRX by me with some CF on it. That car is so bad I love it. It makes me shiver.

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
spocheld said:
:pat:
if black doesnt match with red.. why is the entire Si interior black and red?

why is it offered in Ralley Red and Habenero Red? Why is the lower front grille black? why are the gauges backlit with....red?

its all a matter of opinion. And with Toxis, black matches ANY color. Literally.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
atruhondagrl said:
Except for 1 leeeetle thing. There is a black WRX by me with some CF on it. That car is so bad I love it. It makes me shiver.
Yeah, a lot of people like it. I personally haven't seen one I like yet. From Civics, to WRX's, to NSX's to Porsche's... the CF doesn't look good on a car with a quality black paint job. It almost takes away from the richness of the black paint. I do love me some CF on cars of color though! If I still had my integra from my post above, I would be ordering a CF hood soon. lol

·
Premium Member
37,357 Posts
Toxis said:
Yeah, a lot of people like it. I personally haven't seen one I like yet. From Civics, to WRX's, to NSX's to Porsche's... the CF doesn't look good on a car with a quality black paint job. It almost takes away from the richness of the black paint. I do love me some CF on cars of color though! If I still had my integra from my post above, I would be ordering a CF hood soon. lol
Yep. Me too. I want an OEM CF hood. Someone (ahem...on this thread) will probably say, "your kit sucks. You should've gone with Fiberglass Invader kit and 22" chrome wheels, with a vented hood" but ohwell, it's my ride dammit.

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
Love the rims, if I do say so myself. Weren't those your wife's rims?? I though you commented on my thread when I put on my gold one's. What drop are you on. I will be getting a drop sometime near x-mas.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
gbae007 said:
Larryd, what's the weight on those good looking rims? I saw them in silver 19"s last week on an Accord and I was impressed with the build quality.
I'm honestly not sure however I can tell you they feel a hell of alot lighter then the stockers from pulling them off and putting these on.

Nomar06 said:
Love the rims, if I do say so myself. Weren't those your wife's rims?? I though you commented on my thread when I put on my gold one's. What drop are you on. I will be getting a drop sometime near x-mas.
Yea.. we had them on our Celica before we sold it. The car is dropped with Eibach Sportlines.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.