8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I previously had a 2005 Acura RSX Type-S, but I was involved in a car accident and it got totalled, so a few weeks ago I got a 2008 Civic Si coupe and i love it! I already ordered an Injen CAI and Greddy Evo2 exhaust. In the future I might add the hfp lip kit/suspension/wheels and maybe headers+reflash. Here are some pics.

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
Congrats! looks GREAT.

After a few months of ownership you should consider doing a comparison write-up... or maybe I'd be the only one interested in that... lol... what are your first impressions from a comparison standpoint?

:thumb:

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
Welcome to the Ocho!™

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congrats! looks GREAT.

After a few months of ownership you should consider doing a comparison write-up... or maybe I'd be the only one interested in that... lol... what are your first impressions from a comparison standpoint?

:thumb:
Initial comparison impressions - The civic si build quality seems more sturdy, but that's probably b/c the rsx had known dashboard rattle issues where the si does not. The rsx handling and suspension seemed a little bit tighter, but realistically the si should handle better b/c of the lsd. I actually like the seats of the Si better b/c of the way they grip your body. They also seem a little bit more comfortable than the rsx seats. So far I actualy haven't ran into the 3rd gear grind problem with the Si, while it was a problem in the rsx. Other than that the engine and tranny are basically the same and feel the same, although the Si actually sounds deeper and better b/c of the exhaust. All told, the cars are very similar and they feel so while driving. I think they both have certain advantages, but in the end the Si is overall a better car IMO.

·
Premium Member
22,779 Posts
welcome to el ocho as every1 else around here says. hahah.

drive safe & watch out for others NOT watching out for YOU!... the Si seems to attract unwanted accident attn. welcome & enjoy yourself here within this great community. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts