8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Back in February, I decided I was tired of the retros I made using ebay Halo lights and TSX projectors and wanted a new pair of retros. Last month, there were 3 sedan retrofits posted in the F/S section that I was trying to decide between, but I was hesitant because none of them were what I really truly wanted. So, I decided to have joonjoon do my retrofits, and he did an awesome job! I installed the lights last night and I couldn't be happier with them.

The lights are OEMs with FX-R bixenon projectors and red MDX shrouds. I have 5000K lights in the projectors. JoonJoon made a custom wiring harness so I could keep my DRLs without blowin the solenoids.

Yes, my car is filthy. I'll take better pictures after I wash my car after it rains today.

Thanks for looking! :wavey:

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
looks nice.. ionno bout the timeattack grill tho looks fungky..
I persoanlly didn't think it looked good either till I put them together... it actually looks really good

Looks great. Who made the fogs?
I made them.. they used to be on my car then sold them to her... have es300s fogs right now but might go back to blazers when I do my next retro

I'm trying to look for the stock highs but can't find them... haha fxr high beams ftw

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I persoanlly didn't think it looked good either till I put them together... it actually looks really good

I'm trying to look for the stock highs but can't find them... haha fxr high beams ftw
I thought they looked good outside the box, but they look way better on the car.

Yeah, I was looking for them too... Couldn't find them lol.

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
Sorry to veer slightly off topic... how are the bulbs secured to the blazer projector? Did joon joon end up slicing the 880 connector or are you using a PnP 880 HID kit?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry to veer slightly off topic... how are the bulbs secured to the blazer projector? Did joon joon end up slicing the 880 connector or are you using a PnP 880 HID kit?
He grabbed some D2S bulb holders from another light, I believe, and jb welded them onto the back of the projectors. You'd have to ask him where the bulb holders are from.

·
Banned
2,208 Posts
Everything looks hella dope but I really think you should take the time attack grille off >_<" It has too much going on if that's there...

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Everything looks hella dope but I really think you should take the time attack grille off >_<" It has too much going on if that's there...
I get mixed opinions about the grill, but I think it looks fine. The front ends of the nbp's are lacking, imo, since the grill pretty much matches the car. I wanted to add something subtle instead of painting the whole grill red or the lower lip red. If I get tired of it, I'll take it off. Thanks for the input :wigglesmiley:

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
i got d2r bulb holders from a g35 and jb welded them on the back... i ground down the "nipple" to the left of the tab so that a d2s bulb could fit... so that bulb holder will take d2r or d2s..

·
Banned
1,535 Posts
I love that look Crystalis, I know everyone is downing your grill, but I love it too. That's why I did mine. It's really a too each there own kind of thing. I really like how daring you are about putting the red every where. It does kinda complete your front ends look. +1 rep for yet another different Civic, I love how we all bought the car, and how we all transformed it into our own versions.

Nice job Joon Joon, you make excelllent work!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts