8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've been wanting one for awhile and one popped up on craigslist yesterday for $2,000.

So I picked this guy up for $1,900 cash with 140,000 all stock except the horrible rice can on the back.

Sorry for the random post... I'm just happy and wanted to share. :dancing:

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I was never a big fan of any Honda Civic body style until the 8th Generation, but enjoy. :)

·
Registered
13,332 Posts
i <3 eg's...my friend had an ls/vtec swapped and boosted eg. it was around 300 wheel, that thing would flat out fly

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Oh yeah. If I had one, I would say, "K24, here I come"...

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
That gen hatch back sucks dude, no offence. Its way to round and looks like everything else out there.
EF is more rare and original

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys... I think I'd love to do some things to it, but the reason I bought it is because I got orders to Germany, and I can't take my FG2 (insurance company said it would be $450/mo for insurance over there for it!) So I think I'm going to make it my little project to restore it to beyond excellent stock condition with new parts here and there.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Are you going to paint it a different color?
I was actually thinking using the stock Honda white for it... Then I'll have my two white civic beauties. :dance:

The stock radio was fun today... It had thrown a "code" error before I got it (battery was disconnected) but even after I input the 5-digit code it wouldn't reset. Then, I was driving around today and it beeped at me, so I input the code, and bam, it worked. I'll be replacing the head unit anyway, its just nice to have a radio for now until I do.

I'm pretty excited about my new project... My FG2 is going to feel neglected.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts