8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to endure the torture of spending the next 2 hours at work knowing my new car is at the dealership.

If I can make it off the lot (never driven a manual) I'll post pics this evening.

I'm so excited.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
I'd say that car is dreading the fact that you're going to be driving her home. Given the fact that you have no idea how to drive stick, her clutch and transmission will hurt. :(

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
I think you should have a friend to help you man aleast drive it home and teach you how to drive a stick shift

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I'd say that car is dreading the fact that you're going to be driving her home. Given the fact that you have no idea how to drive stick, her clutch and transmission will hurt. :(
The Si is cake even if you never have, its so smooth. I had to drive my 2003 Mustang GT right off the lot, having never driven a manual. Anyone who has driven a GT will know that the clutch is ungodly heavy, its a nightmare learner car LMAO. But still fun. ENJOY! :vtec:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've read up extensively on it and there's a giant mostly empty parking lot next door for me to pracitce for however long it takes.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
its okay ull drive ur new si home fine :) the new models are sooo friggin easy to learn in . at least your not learning in a evo or awd car ! have fun

·
Registered
337 Posts
it's really easy to drive you shouldn't have a problem, just try not to stop on any steep inclines or you'll **** your pants on the way home... and for the first couple weeks.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not worried about that, I don't think there are any hills between the dealership and my apartment.

·
Registered
337 Posts
you'll be fine the clutch and transmission are both really smooth. the electronic throttle threw me off at first but im used to having a cable attached to the gas pedal, might not bother you at all.

·
myspace.com/assistant_ar
5,306 Posts
ll be fine just one quick note try not to let your car die in the middle of stoplight lol that happened to me one time it FREAKS ME OUT lol

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alright, I'm getting off work early, I can't take anymore of this.

Wish me luck and as little embarrassment as possible!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Screw all those who doubted the all powerful utstu!

I had 3 stalls and 2 lurchy starts in the Honda parking lot but I got the hang of it really fast and now my starts are gear changes are smooth as butter.

·
Hidy Ho Neighbor
29,707 Posts
Screw all those who doubted the all powerful utstu!

I had 3 stalls and 2 lurchy starts in the Honda parking lot but I got the hang of it really fast and now my starts are gear changes are smooth as butter.

You were better than butter! Congratulations!

I'm a little verklempt... talk amongst yourselves.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Also, I got too caught up in the moment and forgot to take pics.

I'll post tomorrow, I know you guys are dying to see what a stock Si looks like.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts