8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, :wavey:, finally after a few months of waiting, my genuine MUGEN Si shift knob came in. Some of you know how almost impossible Honda makes it to get the real mugen stuff. I know because i saw some people saying they thought they got the order in, and then it would be cancelled later. My parts guy has got some crazy amount of pull or something. i dont know how he did it and actually pulled it off, but he did. The best part about this whole deal is that i ended up only paying a few dollars more than cost. i think the retail was around $150 and i didnt pay near that much. i'm very excited so i thought i would post some pics before people start calling B.S.

on to the pics...:pics:

in its original packaging...

out of its original packaging...

installed....sorry for the terrible pictures. these were taken in the garage while the car was under the car cover. so needless to say the lighting sucked. im going to take some better ones soon, but i couldnt wait to put it on....

some other goodies ive picked up recently :

Mugen GP

AND...

Some dress up. pictured is : a carbon fiber manifold cover, carbon fiber spark plug cover and a strutking dead pedal.

cant wait to actually put all of these on and watch my car come together. this spring i will have a whole new ride. car is in storage right now so im eager for spring to come soon :pray:

·
Registered
919 Posts
Haha weird coincidence I stumbled upon this so fast? Stuff looks good, you need to find a well-lit area and take the pics w/o flash, the details are all flashed out...

Install day @ Alyssa's house

·
Premium Member
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know, im still not quite in tune with the new camera. but they work for now. cant wait for install day...lol, like in May!

·
Registered
919 Posts
i know, im still not quite in tune with the new camera. but they work for now. cant wait for install day...lol, like in May!

Theres still nitrous install day! I go to Summit Racing tomorrow with Greg, so I'm picking up all the rest of the CRAP I need, then the fun begins, you influenced me :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Theres still nitrous install day! I go to Summit Racing tomorrow with Greg, so I'm picking up all the rest of the CRAP I need, then the fun begins, you influenced me :biggrin:
i always try to be a good influence.:thumb:

·
Premium Member
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ya it will be spring when the car is out of storage but i will def have pics up as soon as its out

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I was sitting in a mugen at bosak honda, like 10 min from my house, and I love the shift knob. I was asking parts about it for like 20 minutes, and he couldn't find it anywhere. He said they weren't selling them. Pics of the car once everything is on!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Dan:

I look forward to selling you an engine when you blow that thing up. Lol

I would love to meet all of you at the Hondafest June 14th. Details and flyers will be out soon.

Nice Mugen stuff Lyss.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Dan:

I look forward to selling you an engine when you blow that thing up. Lol

I would love to meet all of you at the Hondafest June 14th. Details and flyers will be out soon.

Nice Mugen stuff Lyss.
Bill! I won't grenade this motor, I'm doing it right! But, um, keep a K24A2 on standby, just in case :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 91 Posts