8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been hanging around the forum for a couple months, taking in a lot of information and posting here and there.. But I can finally say I'm an Si owner. After months of going from dealership to dealership trying to get the best deal, I finally picked up my 2011 CBP FG2 yesterday morning. I couldn't be happier with the car... Drives like a dream, shifts so smooth and took literally 2 minutes to get used to the new clutch/trans. This baby was worth every penny. And as a bonus, after some negotiation I ended up getting a helluva deal on a 100k B/B warranty & Lifetime P/T warranty.
A little backstory.. I was driving a 2009 Corolla, 5 speed. All it was good for was gas mileage and getting better at driving a standard... otherwise the car was a complete waste of money. No power, a poor feeling clutch, and an awful sounding engine, and that's just putting it nicely. Made me want to:barf: every time I drove it.
Needless to say I can't even compare the two cars. I took a couple pictures after taking it off the lot, just front and rear ends.. Didn't have much time yesterday and it looks like the roads will be nice and sandy the next couple days, So ill post more after her first washin.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
congrats on new car...keep the car clean...a clean black car is a beauty...wife's CR-V needs a wash bad

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. Ill probably debadge the "civic" over the weekend after I wash it. Nervous to scratch the paint up while wiping goo gone off of it with all the salt and sand. Damn you MA roads

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Thanks guys. Ill probably debadge the "civic" over the weekend after I wash it. Nervous to scratch the paint up while wiping goo gone off of it with all the salt and sand. Damn you MA roads
Since the car is new, the adhesive will be very easy to get off. Literally, I didnt need fishing line on mine; just grabbed the corner of the badge and slowly pulled it off, then just got the rest off with my finger.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^Good to know. I'll probably try that in the morning when I have some goo gone around, just in case things dont go as planned lol

·
Registered
213 Posts
beautifull car!! i just bought a 2011 honda civic si crystal black pearl as well last month!! but mine is a 4 door FA5 :)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Popped that Civic badge off this morning. Took a little more muscle with the floss than I thought it would, but it looks nice and clean now. Didn't look like it needed any goo gone when I was done, all of the rain will give it a bit of a natural bath. Ill get some nice pics over the weekend. As for mods that cost actual money... I will be waiting until I get some tax money back (Sales tax hit my funds pretty hard) lol. I'm very pleased with the car stock though

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
13 Participants
siFTW
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing