8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Very clean man. I'll have to open up my build thread now that the weather is finally turning.
Thanks man, trying to keep the build clean while being a little different!

Nice build
Thank you!

Nice pics! Keep up the good work.
Thank you sir, appreciate it! Trying to keep pushing my photography skills every time I shoot

Small update:

No new pics as the car is so dirty. Haven't had a decent day where I've had enough time to give it the love it deserves. Full polish and seal is definitely on the list of things to do ASAP. Got a new toy yesterday that may change my build slightly. The new toy is not connected directly to my Si, but once I show pics, you guys will understand how I might alter my build slightly! Anyways, hope everyone is well, and thanks for following along!

Will have some more pictures by the weekend!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Wow, it has been a long time since I have updated this. Definitely not going to let that happen again. Few things have happened lately.

I was in a local car show a couple weekends ago, and it was great. Good show, and great crowd! The car received a full detail before hand, and I am so proud of how it looks and shines now. Just needs maintenance washes every other week to keep dust off of it.

The new toy that I picked up is a used Gary Fisher 29er mountain bike. I used to bike all the time and race some bmx, so getting this mountain bike is the perfect way to get back into trail/downhill riding.

** It really makes me want to get a roof rack, rooftop tent and some LED bars/pods up top to make a cool traveling/cruising rig!

I hit the drags for a street legal test and tune day today. Didn't get a lot of pics or GoPro footage as the wind started to pick up. It took me 3 runs to get comfortable and by the time that happened, they shortened the track down to only 1/8 mile runs. Will be getting back out there the next time I am able to.

Picture time. Thanks to Lance Webb Motion Photography for the image of my car at the show

Perfect 10 Car Show by Tyler Klein, on Flickr

drags by Tyler Klein, on Flickr

mountain_bike by Tyler Klein, on Flickr

Couldn't get this picture in focus for the life of me. Love this bike tho!

Cheers, and thanks to all who are following me on here!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Picked up a new foam cannon for my new gas powered pressure washer and it works incredibly. Took me a few minutes to get the desired amount of foam, and then after that, pure gold. Got a decent picture during the process!

foam_cannon by Tyler Klein, on Flickr

·
Registered
64 Posts
Very nice. I also have a black 2008 FA5 and I'm loving your build. And I also MTB; currently have an Airborne but I keep bugging a friend about his Gary Fisher, LOL. I will have it someday...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Hows the fitment on the q300? Does it stick out a lot?

Does not stick out much at all. I will say that with the Torque Solutions stiff exhaust hangers, it pulls the exhaust a bit closer upwards to the bumper. I think the fitment of my Q300 is right on!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Haha I hear you. I'm going to have to wash mine in Photoshop because we're in a drought...
Been there! The only nice part is it require much less work sitting at the computer compared to the outside wash process!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
how'd you run at the strip?
I am not super proud of my best time, but it is a 15.0. I only have 10 runs or so under my belt since I have had I/H/E and tune. I used my first few runs to dial in the tire pressure. Right when I thought I was good, I pulled the 15.0 which felt good, although I could have left harder. The plan was the drop a few more psi up front and give it hell...As I was in the staging lanes, they dropped the track down to 1/8th mile because of high winds causing some of the higher HP cars to get a little squirrly down the 1/4. Good day but not what I was hoping for!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #56 (Edited)
Went out last night and shot some rollers with a couple of the boys. It wasn't prime time for shooting, but we did what we could. Can't wait to take more and use what I learned from this time to make next time's shots better!

Enjoy! I have more that I will be editing and posting!

Roller_Civ_back by Tyler Klein, on Flickr

Roller_Alec by Tyler Klein, on Flickr

Roller_Gray by Tyler Klein, on Flickr

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Going to be getting started on redoing my center console pretty soon here! Will throw up a picture of the materials involved! Woooo!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I also have a 2007 in black and detail a little. Could you help me by explaining your claying and correction process for the car in detail? I'm having a hard time claying and correcting without introducing scratching on the super soft paint. I have a griots garage DA, m105, m205, PO85RD, and hydro tech pads.

41 - 60 of 94 Posts