8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People have said they wanted it, but no one has tried it. I went ahead and started on it.

Let me tell you how hard masking off this thing was. :(

It looks decent so far.... I need to go back and touch up some areas that were missed in the masking and some parts that were over painted.

heres a before

and a current.

The red of the JDM emblems doesn't seem to match the red on the si emblems, thats why I never got them. The main reason why I wanted to do this is because I hate the recessed areas in the front emblem. This emblem is the rear emblem though. I will be doing the front as well.

The bottom of the H is a bit messy... like i said it was a pain in the ass to tape off. Gonna get an exacto knife hopefully tommorow and remask and clean up some of the edging..

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You should of asked blue rocket to make you a vinyl sticker instead.
I figured a sticker would be an easier route to go. But I wanted to try this out since no one has yet before. Plus I suck a decals :(

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so wait, you ruined a 50 dollar emblem for what? the same look as the stock chrome H emblem on a black car? Wtf
to each his own.... but to me. I'm not ruining it.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Woooooooow, that's a LOT of money to waste on those overpriced red emblems to paint them to make them look like stock! If you have any extra money burning a hole in your pocket, you can send it my way! :)

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They don't look like stock, they look more like the s2000 emblems.
That's was my aim... I know the s2000 had black h emblems. Thing is they are too small for our cars.

it doesn't look like stock....... at least someone realized that.....

·
Registered
42,510 Posts
so wait, you ruined a 50 dollar emblem for what? the same look as the stock chrome H emblem on a black car? Wtf
how is that ruining a $50 emblem? he wanted somethign different, so he just changed the color of it, can you call that ruining it??

Your killing me man, now more people are going to steal my badges when im at work
oh yea, why??

Woooooooow, that's a LOT of money to waste on those overpriced red emblems to paint them to make them look like stock! If you have any extra money burning a hole in your pocket, you can send it my way! :)
who said he wants them to make them look like stock??

why can't you just guys appreciate someone doing something different, there's a lot of cars that have the red emblems and it's kinda tiring after a while, so he just decided to change the color...give him some props!
looks great ryan!!!

·
Registered
13,627 Posts
Looks good, me likey...they would blend in nicely with ur car! can't wait to see them on..

Edit: is it me or did you overspray the bottom part of teh H?

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
how is that ruining a $50 emblem? he wanted somethign different, so he just changed the color of it, can you call that ruining it??

oh yea, why??

who said he wants them to make them look like stock??

why can't you just guys appreciate someone doing something different, there's a lot of cars that have the red emblems and it's kinda tiring after a while, so he just decided to change the color...give him some props!
looks great ryan!!!

thanks man :thumb:

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks good, me likey...they would blend in nicely with ur car! can't wait to see them on..

Edit: is it me or did you overspray the bottom part of teh H?
yeah... like i said it was a ***** to mask the emblem.... i still have some cleaning up to do before it goes on the car

1 - 20 of 70 Posts