8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 77 Posts
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i just signed up to ur forum, all u guys sound cool and helpful but alot of u dont sound like u know to much about cars. im srry if that pisses u off its just every day there r threads posted asking about horse power numbers after installing catbacks. And ive never heard of so many "honda" tuners complain about exhuast drone, come on stop acting like girls. i love seeing guys like xfactor making there own stuff and getting it done "i dont have nor want x's intake so im not kissing ass" but thats what we need to get some much needed respect on the street. so guys stop asking BS questions that just waste our times try reading or trial by error, we need to start getting serious.

im not trying to be a douche i just wanna see an end to wasted bandwidth on the old "which catback gives more horse power thread"or SC vs Turbo" u should be old enough to make ur own descion

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
First of all welcome.

Second, you've got to understand that new body styles and appealing to a new market every 5 years will bring an new demographic of young uniformed tuners to our forum. A lot of them will ask newb questions, but at least they will get answered and people will learn.

Plus, we were all newbs at one point, I'm sure you weren't born knowing that an exhaust will only give you about 6 whp.

Every forum I'm a member of (honda-tech, FGCoupe, nwp4life, fitfreak, clubrsx...) has the same newb questions and all the OG's trying either to help them out, ignore them, or try to bash them for not searching. You'll see the same basic questions every where you go.

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
I'm not even going to start on this because it's too early in the day to be starting problems.

Welcome to the forum. This should be interesting.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hey guys i just signed up to ur forum, all u guys sound cool and helpful but alot of u dont sound like u know to much about cars. im srry if that pisses u off its just every day there r threads posted asking about horse power numbers after installing catbacks. And ive never heard of so many "honda" tuners complain about exhuast drone, come on stop acting like girls. i love seeing guys like xfactor making there own stuff and getting it done "i dont have nor want x's intake so im not kissing ass" but thats what we need to get some much needed respect on the street. so guys stop asking BS questions that just waste our times try reading or trial by error, we need to start getting serious.

im not trying to be a douche i just wanna see an end to wasted bandwidth on the old "which catback gives more horse power thread"or SC vs Turbo" u should be old enough to make ur own descion
Who tied your panties in a knot?

·
Registered
5,361 Posts

:coffee:

alot of the people that ask those questions are dealing with a mod for the first time. possibly there first car period. spending $800 on an exhaust is alot of money and a big decision sometimes. if the threads bother you, do what i do, just skip over them. eventually someone will ask them to use the search button.

i agree with alot of threads like that but thats the point of a growing forum. If this forum was small, then those threads would be right in front of the noobs and easier for them to find. Find a thread about misc chatting and make some friends. like you said theres alot of cool peeps on this site, ignore the others :thumb:

12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ignorance is not an excuse for me im srry i have no problem answering serious questions, its the fact that they dont search then ask they want instant gratification and rnt willing to work for the knowledge

12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i really am srry i came off like a ass i jsut wanna see some support the more we all learn by doing the better off we all be, im srry but i dont see our cars getting the respect they desirve from other honda tuners

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
ignorance is not an excuse for me im srry i have no problem answering serious questions, its the fact that they dont search then ask they want instant gratification and rnt willing to work for the knowledge
dude, its a public forum. theres no perfection and ignorance is expected, you can help out by answering them or simpy ignore the threaaadddd

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
i really am srry i came off like a ass i jsut wanna see some support the more we all learn by doing the better off we all be, im srry but i dont see our cars getting the respect they desirve from other honda tuners
so what more is there to learn? theres still alot of mods that the 8thgens are lacking compared to other hondas....and who gives a crap about other honda tuners and there opinions, opinions are only that

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.