8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well at first i have to tell you all that my occupation in a courier. I dirve roughly 200-250 miles per night 6 nights a week. I started out with a 2008 base sedan cobalt 5 spd that i got brand new for 10k. I then put 30k on it in roughly 6 mos. I then was at a nissan dealership and traded my car in for exactly what i paid for it (lolz). i got myself into a Nissan Sentra SER Spec V Header glowing pile of longest car name in the world ****. So the header would glow and i was scared with winter coming up that i would be stuck, i drive to erie everyday. So I tried custom making a header to get rid off the kitties and ended up being an epic failure, so i then hauled it to my local honda dealer, and took it in the ass for a civic sedan SI. I am driving the SI for a route car for my job. I love driving so much, I think I have the best job in the world and the best car to do it in. I have decent brakes, excellent handling, the hand of God (VSA), and all the safety and ass gripping comfort I could ever want in a work car. I have 22k on this car since november. with only one problem with a coolant temp sensor. No tranny problems, and happy that there is no timing belt to worry about. I like it because I do have to use premium (cleaner) and the car is made to move and take it liek a champ. There is no other car that invokes so much emotion right out of the box. I dont really plan on changing anything, although i have made a swappable straight pipe axle back, that make my car litterly sound like an F1 car. i had a password lip but it needs serious work. WIth the crazy snow they get in erie i have no problems with it, i have gone through two sets of blizzaks but never got stuck and was able to fly through the snow. I use castrol edge or mobil one and extended filters. i dont see why this car wont make it to 300k miles. i love this car and will have it till.... its paid off. lol
But this is abosultely the best all around car ever. Great handling and braking, (Deer and retards), good acceleration (Retards and silverados), great comfort (obvious long hauls), great storage space, and most of all reliability, plus 28-32 mpg, where can you go wrong. If anyone is from erie, fairview, edinboro, or corry (blah) PA, i gots a Silver Sedan Si on steelies, and youll notice VTAAAAAAK on the back.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Welcome!

I thought along the same (although somewhat more structured) lines when I bought my Si.

Considered the Spec V for a good time too, almost put a despoit one one in July of 06... Thats about when Nissan issued a huge recall of all 2.5L engines due to cheap piston rings and fire related issues. Glad I held off.

-Steve

·
Registered
110 Posts
I also had the Spec v in the running. But problems with the head and exhaust manifolds made me say no..and you cannot put a header on them,.,hence the glow..lol..air/fuel mixture gets messed up, superheating the exhaust. Plus, what you trade in torque for the nissan, you get a limited slip diff, sun roof, and other good options..so there you go..

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
^ for the record the spec V has an option HLSD available.

Many things I do not agree with the OP,
1. VSA = too intrusive
2. Cleaner? Like fuel cleaner? Never believed in them
3. Sound like an F1 car? No civic can sound like the F1 V8 whine @ 20,000 RPMs

But yea its a nice car for the money :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Well at first i have to tell you all that my occupation in a courier. I dirve roughly 200-250 miles per night 6 nights a week. I started out with a 2008 base sedan cobalt 5 spd that i got brand new for 10k. I then put 30k on it in roughly 6 mos. I then was at a nissan dealership and traded my car in for exactly what i paid for it (lolz). i got myself into a Nissan Sentra SER Spec V Header glowing pile of longest car name in the world ****. So the header would glow and i was scared with winter coming up that i would be stuck, i drive to erie everyday. So I tried custom making a header to get rid off the kitties and ended up being an epic failure, so i then hauled it to my local honda dealer, and took it in the ass for a civic sedan SI. I am driving the SI for a route car for my job. I love driving so much, I think I have the best job in the world and the best car to do it in. I have decent brakes, excellent handling, the hand of God (VSA), and all the safety and ass gripping comfort I could ever want in a work car. I have 22k on this car since november. with only one problem with a coolant temp sensor. No tranny problems, and happy that there is no timing belt to worry about. I like it because I do have to use premium (cleaner) and the car is made to move and take it liek a champ. There is no other car that invokes so much emotion right out of the box. I dont really plan on changing anything, although i have made a swappable straight pipe axle back, that make my car litterly sound like an F1 car. i had a password lip but it needs serious work. WIth the crazy snow they get in erie i have no problems with it, i have gone through two sets of blizzaks but never got stuck and was able to fly through the snow. I use castrol edge or mobil one and extended filters. i dont see why this car wont make it to 300k miles. i love this car and will have it till.... its paid off. lol
But this is abosultely the best all around car ever. Great handling and braking, (Deer and retards), good acceleration (Retards and silverados), great comfort (obvious long hauls), great storage space, and most of all reliability, plus 28-32 mpg, where can you go wrong. If anyone is from erie, fairview, edinboro, or corry (blah) PA, i gots a Silver Sedan Si on steelies, and youll notice VTAAAAAAK on the back.

you need to drive better cars mate...
because civic si definitely doesnt sound like F1... and best all around car? come on man...
i mean its decent for a mid-priced compact... there are still the BMW 135i (twin turbo inline6), mitsubishi evo etc.
i know because i've had bmw m's, 350z, audi's and the civic si is my daily driver...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.