8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

my horn was honking by itself

15K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  _cargirl 
#1 ·
Earlier this week i was driving my LX coupe and i was getting on the highway and i heard my horn honking by itself for at least 10 seconds then i hit and it stopped. well after that it went off by itself while i was driving 5 more times, it was the weirdest thing. so i took it to my dealer and they checked everything and found no wiring problems or anything said they didnt fix anything but atleast it doesnt honk by itself anymore. has anyone else had this problem on their civic?

#7 ·
projekZERO said:
do you notice your horn is sensative? like if u barely touch the airbag the horn sounds?
they said that the horn cover may have been loose which would make it honk when you go over bumps. but ive gone over many bumps prior to that happening and the horn never went off before so who knows. ill have to see tomorrow if it is really senstive when i touch it

#10 ·
SiGTi said:
id be embarrased if the horn starting honking. i mean the sound of it is so embarrassing already. its like a toy-pickup truck horn.
ya lol i hate the sound of the horn on the new civics reminds me of a vw bug or somethin i prefer the loud normal horns my parents have on their acuras i really wish honda didnt use this one on the new civics

#14 ·
I used to have a 93 accord and I would grab the top of the steering wheel and wedge my forearm on the center of the wheel to pull myself out of the drivers seat. I only did this a few times in the 8th gen civic before realizing it would lay on the MEEPER horn. The worst thing is I can't just drive off because I'm already exiting my vehicle.... I'm kind of thinking of just disabling the horn if possible. (don't tell me about the safety features of the horn... If anything, I'm being more safe by not causing the other driver to say "WTF?" about the sound of my horn instead of avoiding the collision).

SiGTi said:
id be embarrased if the horn starting honking. i mean the sound of it is so embarrassing already. its like a toy-pickup truck horn.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.