8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had my car for almost a year now, just about 22k on the clock (yeah I drive a lot) and my hook/front end looks like complete ****. When I first got the car I opted not to get the clear bra, which I regret now. I have so many pits, nicks, chips, and tiny scratches on my front end. Would it be worth it to have my front end or at least my hood repainted? Or would It be cheaper to buy a carbon fiber hood?

·
Registered
587 Posts
I would just stick with the old hood. I mean it's gonna get the same thing later on anyway, why throw money away at it? Can probably get the carbon fiber hood for weekend or regional meets or something lol.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Yeah I've had my Si since Aug. 10th and I only have about 2,600mi. on it but I have a few nicks on my hood. It's from highway driving to work and ending up behind those big dump trucks with stone and crap in them, I hate it. The nicks on my hood aren't really big but they're deep enough so that they are white and you can kind of see them from far away. No big deal but I just hope it doesn't get too bad.

·
Premium Member
112,534 Posts
yeah my front is all dented and scratched from the bottom and a little chip on the hood. Ill just leave it like that for the BIG ONE. thats when someone crashes in to me and i get a new bumper. Dont really want to fix something that aint broken

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
lol..

I don't even clean my bumper anymore. I spray it down and leave it as is. It's ******* ruined. Honda obviously doesn't give a **** about how their cars look after two years. I don't track/beat on my car, so I can't attribute the billions of rock chips to that.
hahaha you too huh? its like 20 mins total is spent on the front bumper lmao

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
yeah its become such an eyesore on my car that i think im going to get it fixed and clearcoated again...maybe ill have them armorcoat it:thumb:

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
in the long run it would be cheaper to get that clear bra put back on, yeah it cost alot but you'll have to keep repainting the front bumper and hood if it bothers you so much....

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
i have 10k on it and not chips, i dont drive on the highways, i think its been on the highway less than 5 times
as for the hood, would a bug reflector help? i've heard they help the hood with that kinda stuff, rocks, and whatever else chips your hood, but i have no testimony
as for the bumper, either clear bra, or leather bra, depending on the color of your car, it doesnt look THAT bad lol

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
i have a clear bra on my car right now..just sick of the line across the hood+front fenders. Its not really noticeable unless your close, but i notice it :(

·
Premium Member
112,534 Posts
I wonder how my H brace looks like now? Ive hit everything with it. I drag cups and sometimes even dead corpses that i cant get around. as well as the bottom of my bumper.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts