8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i just got done with building my own "ghetto" catch can. this was of course inspired by supa ninjas ghetto catch can.

this can cost me a total of 26 bucks plus tax.

metal water bottle from lowes $6
spector breather filter $14
jb weld knock off (locktite) $5
peice of aluminum tube from the hobby store $1

all thats left to do is clean out pcv valve. paint. and mount.

lmk what you guys think

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wondering where this would go??? serious question btw....

where in the engine and catchin oil from where?
:facepalm:

haha j/k... the catch can can be mounted anywhere under the hood. best if lower than the pcv. and it catches the oil blow by from the engine. they dont have a catch can factory for emissions. stock the oil blow by goes thru the pcv then back into the intake manifold to be reburned. the catch can will catch the oil then emptyd from the catch can. thats short form explanation anyways

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
made a mount. flat out guess on bracket length. well see if it fits tomorrow. il take pics soon too.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
painted can on the left --- mount on the right. basically a polished hose clamp with a polished brass bracket that is jb welded to the worm drive on the clamp...

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
Looks great. :thumb:

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
filter is to allow it to breathe because im not going to run it inline. im going to drillout the pcv and run a line from it to the catch can rather than back into the intake manifold.

yeah you can run these on stock cars, you dont have to be turbod to use one. main reason to invest in one is to keep oil from being reburned. when oil is reburned it can throw of your a/f ratios, cause less mpg, sludge, and loss of power. the car doesnt come with a catch can from the factory because of emissions. they want the oil to be reburnt

1 - 20 of 69 Posts