8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have taken my front bumper off 3 times to put in aftermarket horn, to put in fog lights, and to check wiring. The damn side part of the bumper at the very end of the bumper on the sides where the one little screw screws in is broken. The thread around the screw is broke on both sides so the bumper sometimes comes out from the side a little and I have to push it back in...Today it was even out of place in front of the headlight and I had to snap it back in. It does not seem to go perfectly flush back in to the car. I don't know whether I can fix the end part arond the screw so they will stay secure or do I need a whole new bumper? It seems ridiculous to have to get a whole new bumber.......:help:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hmm . . . not much I can think of. That's one reason I didn't want a CAI. Sooner or later, those plastic pieces will give out.

Now, there doesn't appear to be another place you could easily screw it in. Maybe you could attach it some other way, like with a zip tie

·
Registered
14,510 Posts
if it is just a plastic clip that the screw goes into you may be able to buy that peice from honda and just replace it

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Same thing happened to me unfortunately. It is not a platic clip, to replace you would need to buy a new bumper. I first tried to use a washer but it didn't hold it in place well (you would need to screw it in REALLY tight and I didn't want to strip the threads where the screw goes in). I ended up using a little JB Weld to glue the washer to the top of the bumper where the plastic broke off. It worked perfectly, although you do need to align it carefully while its drying. Also, be sure not to get any on the paint where you can see it!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agnt004 said:
Same thing happened to me unfortunately. It is not a platic clip, to replace you would need to buy a new bumper. I first tried to use a washer but it didn't hold it in place well (you would need to screw it in REALLY tight and I didn't want to strip the threads where the screw goes in). I ended up using a little JB Weld to glue the washer to the top of the bumper where the plastic broke off. It worked perfectly, although you do need to align it carefully while its drying. Also, be sure not to get any on the paint where you can see it!
Thank you for all the responses...
I will try this man, it sucks man with the edge coming out, so this means I won't be able to take the bumber off again after I use JB Weld to hold it in ??

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I got some washers and tried to glue them in with JD weld...it didn't hold them, maybe I got the wrong kind they had another instant bonding jd weld, but I got the regular one. The washers would not stick, so I tried instant grab and I am waiting for it to dry now. I will see if it holds and if it works I will be very thankful....

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
i have the same problem with mine & i still dont know how to fix it .I would hate to by a new bumper because of it.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I used the JB weld that comes in two bottles that you mix together. I glued the washer to the bumper and the bumper can be taken off and put back on just like it was stock. I had to hold the washer to the bumper with my hands while it dried for a while until it stayed on its own, then I let it dry overnight before putting the screws in. If you get any JB weld in the center of the washer just drill it out when its fully dried.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks brothers

I fixed it! I used instant glue crazy glue - bondin everything gel, and glued the washers to the bumper. Then I put the screw back it, it works and holds - thanks for the help !!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts