8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, this is my first post here. I've never posted because i used the search function alot. Anyways lets get to the point. I've owned my 2009 Si for 3 years and the engine was completely stock. I was feeling bored so i decided to get a CAI. I decided on the Skunk2 CAI and was in the first shipment. After i installed it my car ran "OK". The idle was off...i would hear my exhaust popping/stuttering ever so often. I reset the ecu a couple times and it helped but still wasn't good enough for me. I said screw it and decided to get flashpro with a tune so i Went with E-tunez and choose Vitviper since he has alot of positive feedback.

We started with Vit's basemap and already i felt the car drove better. But after a couple calibrations Vit sent me a new cal where i needed to do a WOT pull from 3000-7000 RPM and said "it'll be loud and slow". I was like wth? Well it was loud and slow and went on for like 4-5 more cals. It wasn't until i received a cal with all the cam phasing setup that i realized why we did all those runs. My car was driving so nice that i couldn't believe it was the same car. It feels as if i have more power in the lower and midrange which helps alot since i do alot of city driving. Vtec was set at 4350 and i can't even feel it when it switches over yet the car pulls so hard :vtec:. My gas mileage went up about 1-2 mpg. I've been tracking my gas mileage every time i fill up so when i calculated that i actually gained a couple mpg i was pretty happy. It was about 3-4 weeks and about 50 emails from start to finish.

So in conclusion, Vitviper's a great tuner. He made daily driving in my Si so much better. He may not talk much but he gets the job done. I highly recommened him and when i get more mods i'll definitely pay for a retune. My only regret is not getting Flashpro sooner.

·
Registered
699 Posts
This is good info ^ I am stock and recently got FP for my DD. I am running the base maps for stock and they are night and day already. I can only imagine what VitViper can do from what i have heard.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts