8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As somewhat of a late-comer to the 8th civic world, I had the benefit of a wealth of information that really helped me choose the best products for my ’09 Si. Through a whole bunch of research, I picked up an AEM CAI, Skunk2 RH, and FR exhaust along with Flashpro. I used a basemap at first but was paranoid as hell that I would eff up my car from wacky AFRs and knew I needed to have it tuned by someone who knew what they were doing.

I ruled out a dyno tune relatively quickly because I didn’t feel like having to drive my car somewhere, sit around while they do the stuff, and have to pay a lot more for it than an e-tune. I’m not saying one is better than the other but an e-tune was a better option for me. I saw the guys from E-Tunez posting all over this site which tells me they’re very involved in the 8th civic community and want to share their expertise with others. Heard great things about VitViper’s tuning ability so I decided to select him as my preferred tuner. I learned that not only is Vit an absolute genius when it comes to this tuning stuff, he’s also a super cool and friendly guy.

We used a base map created by Vit from Flashprotuning.com closest to my modification setup. I sent him over some logs and he did his thing. The way Vit and the e-tunez guys smooth out the power curve and make a seamless Vtec crossover is just amazing. I looked at this stuff and it’s all just way over my head. Went through about 3 revisions to smooth out the AFRs and the car was running great. In the middle of the revisions, I had to be a pain in the ass for Vit because I missed the Vtec “kick”. I like the split personality of this car. Vit did not give me any issues AT ALL and gladly revised my Vtec crossover to kick in a little bit later. The kick was back and I was extremely happy.

The best thing about these guys is, they don’t say “Ok you paid for 6 revisions so we’re all done.” What if the car wasn’t running exactly as desired? These guys follow through with EVERYTHING. I think I’m on Rev. 8 now and Vit is making sure it’s absolutely perfect before we finish up. This is true customer service. This has been one of, if not the best business transactions I’ve ever done and will go to these guys whenever new mods get added to the car.

You can tell from all their friendly and informative posts on this forum that these guys are the real deal and friendly to boot. They’re never cocky and they never criticize anyone. Before you decided on a dyno tune, please check E-Tunez out. I promise you, you will not be disappointed. The value just cannot be ignored.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, the car is beastly. I just pulls and pulls all the way through the rev range to fuel cutoff. I absolutely love it. Vit is the man and E-tunez is the ****. Thanks for everything, guys.

Greg

·
Registered
433 Posts
Man I am so glad this option is available for the 8th gen community. Holy cow. I'll be getting my flashpro soon and this is the route I am going for sure.

This is what I can say... I've been in the 'honda scene' for a long time and it is VERY hard to find a legit shop/tuner.

Good stuff E-Tunez!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts