8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
7,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I parked my car on my drive way yesterday and went in my house for about 15 minutes. When I came back out my car was in the street! Luckily it was near the curb and not all out in the middle of the street. So does anyone know how I can fix this? Is there a way to tighten the e-brake? :eek:hnoes: :eek:hnoes:

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
take apart the center console and look at the e brake and make sure the cable thing is attached, i would just take it to honda, in the mean time leave it in gear until you get it fixed

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
are you sure you pulled it up far enough?...maybe it just didnt have enough tension.
and as all them^ said...it can be adjusted if it has to be.

·
Registered
7,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I never leave my car in gear, I dont know why I dont. Haha. Well, it doesnt completely not work but you can tell its not holding as much as it should be. The e-brake holds good when im on flat ground but when im on like a drive way it'll roll alittle. I always pull the e-brake up to almost the highest point. I was thinking that the cables were in the center consol but wasnt really sure.

Ill keep you guys posted

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
K20z3 Civic Si [PHONG] said:
I never leave my car in gear, I dont know why I dont. Haha. Well, it doesnt completely not work but you can tell its not holding as much as it should be. The e-brake holds good when im on flat ground but when im on like a drive way it'll roll alittle. I always pull the e-brake up to almost the highest point. I was thinking that the cables were in the center consol but wasnt really sure.

Ill keep you guys posted
this is your problem...you probobly stretched teh cables out. once it is fixed, there is no need to do this...just extra wear.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've had the exact same thing happen. My e-brake didn't work all that well when I first bout my si. But for some reason it seems to hold pretty well now.....

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
need new rear brakes? thats what the e-brake does... it engages the rear brakes. if your cable isnt stretched, that may be the case. wierd though, because the rear brakes are used the most when stopping while reversing. most of the braking is done by the front brakes when stopping while going forward.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
black07coupe said:
need new rear brakes? thats what the e-brake does... it engages the rear brakes. if your cable isnt stretched, that may be the case. wierd though, because the rear brakes are used the most when stopping while reversing. most of the braking is done by the front brakes when stopping while going forward.
who told you this?
it doesnt matter what direction you are going...the front brakes ALWAYS do most the braking.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
i dont know why this is any kind of deal. your ebrake failed. its under warranty take it to the dealer. problem solved.

no need to go im so kewl i park in neutral and fix things myself that are under warranty.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
Leave it in gear FTW!!! Not that it will solve your e-brake problem, but that sounds like a warrenty issue to me

1 - 20 of 44 Posts