8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I love to chirp from 1rst to 2nd but in my new civic there is either a bad motor mount or strut .Possibley you guys can help me out ? When I do power shift it into 2nd it doesnt chirp ,I feel the tires grab and the dash shakes from the power displacement. If i dump the clutch and burn out 1rst smokes it then when the tires hook up in 2nd the whole dash shakes violentley !! Anyone herd of this on our models?

·
Banned
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, but I've read plenty of threads about transmission problems and I'm starting to know why.
Thats why you buy a sports car and run it to 7500 rpm and shift ,for the excitement if you want to go slow get a saturn or a chevy aveo ,hell even a yaris would suit you it sounds like .
I am only looking for intelligent responses that could help me narrow down my serch weather it be a bad strut, or a bump stop <i saw a sticky on those > but i drove 2 more 06S and an 08 and no dash vibration tires hooked up and it was a smooth transition .The tranny is fine so it the clutch for now , I just want to be able to lay some rubber without my fuc..ng car falling apart .

Under normal v-tec acceleration and shifting there is a perfectley smooth transition but when the tires hook up in a fast shift it feels almost like the right strut is just bouncing up and down like crazy or the crappy dog bone motor mount is not strong enough to support the engine under the load:chill:

·
Banned
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
maybe its just wheel hop.. my car does that in the rain
Thanks thats what i think it is too , I am going to take it to the dealer for the bump stop tsb just incase and have them check my mounts and front struts and if all is good i will eng up getting the ingalls engine dampner. .Thanks for the info ,
now that I think of it .Its the oppsite for me in the rain i can do perfect burn outs but its the fresh dry street that gets me , Thanks again for your input :vtec:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.