8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so like...i made my own SRI than i decided to make it a ram air...here is the result...

No CEL
NO weird random stall (Known to happen to some R18 with aftermarket intake)
No weird IDLE RPM

Sounds great, better throttle response, i can feel a slight increase in power...

the ram air tube is held by zip tie...kinda of ghetto, but the intake total worth is well under $80

What i used to make the ram air

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Not bad.

How long did it take for you to make it and install it?

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
that's clever! Technically, its not ram air induction, it's just a SRI with a duct that brings colder air to it... Let me know if you notice any gains at high speeds I've always wanted to do smtng like this...

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not bad.

How long did it take for you to make it and install it?
the cutting / filing took about an hour...i had to do alot of it by hand...installation took another 40min...cause i had a hard time postion the intake...it kept sticking out too much where the hood would hit it

·
Registered
536 Posts
it's good
but try to make something to cover the filter and then stick that hose to that area, it should perform even better than just stick the hose direct at a small area of the filter

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
:yeahthat:

·
Resident Food Fapper
32,231 Posts
Not a bad concept, try changing out the air tube though... I have a feeling it's not gonna last too long.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
clever idea, but personally i dont think it will make much of a difference using that aluminum tubing. i just made a custom sri too but i dont think the piping is worth worsening the engine bay appearance for what little it does.

·
Quail Man!
28,296 Posts
hmm..it is an interesting concept but im not sure how much more air you are directing into the intake. def. not aesthetically pleasing. but hey..who cares if you never open the hood. i havnt opened mine since i installed the cai.

^^ there is always someone who has to bring that up.
the difference is hes just trying to be funny. gotta look at his posts lol

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
its creative good job, im making a ram air/ short ram right now for my car too. The thread will be up next week when i get all the parts in the mail

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
okay i know it looks cheap but im just trying it out...i went through a series of SRI AND CAI

1. K&N Short Ram
2. AEM CAI
3. Fujita CAI
4. Fujita SRI

and i decided to make mine own as a experience....but yah +1 for creativity lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts