8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Impractical... Civic = very practical.

Keep the old Camaro, they're doing nothing but gaining value.

Where would you take the lotus for service?

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
as a daily? why not a new BMW? or anything new?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, the camaro is going for sure and i am so piss tired of my civic's utterly crap interior, exterior and horrible slowness.

And yes. I am high right now :| *sarcasm detector goes haywire*

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Impractical... Civic = very practical.

Keep the old Camaro, they're doing nothing but gaining value.

Where would you take the lotus for service?
sorry for double post.

There's a lotus dealer in chicago. FoxValleyMotorcars.com

·
Registered
232 Posts
You have a camaro and you think the interior in the si is crap? interesting.....

You should go test drive a speed3 before you buy the lotus... My 2c

·
Registered
10 Posts
Make sure you do a CarFax on it.
At that price you had better know, and not from the dealer's mouth, if it has been in an accident.

I second the maintenance issue.
I had a chance to by a Maserati Biturbo a couple of years ago for about 7k. It looked like it was in great condition and I was ready to buy... Then I called around for a mechanic to give it a lookover and found NONE.
Lotus should not be as bad, but be prepared to pay big bucks and be without your car at least half of the time.

Sometimes dream cars are better left as dreams.

·
Banned
710 Posts
ahaha! u stupid or something bro!?!?! Keep the camaro, i love them camaros, pontiac firehawks are crazy good too!

Well it depends, if the camaro has good gas mileage and runs great for its age, then stick with it, camaros are tuff cars man. real tuff, tuffer than mustangs at that, I would kill to have a mint condition 69' camaro, like litterally, do what u wanna do

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ahaha! u stupid or something bro!?!?! Keep the camaro, i love them camaros, pontiac firehawks are crazy good too!

Well it depends, if the camaro has good gas mileage and runs great for its age, then stick with it, camaros are tuff cars man. real tuff, tuffer than mustangs at that, I would kill to have a mint condition 69' camaro, like litterally, do what u wanna do
asking 35k, has 2 engines. 1 is numbers matching.

·
Binks
18,140 Posts
if an esprit is your dream car, get it. but it wouldnt be good driving it daily. esprits are not safe when its driven during the rain. esprits are still very nice.....get it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Why is everybody's go-to car the 350Z? I'll be the first to say, that I'm really not that impressed with it. My friend has one; the power is wonderful (as is the torque), but that's where the great things end for me. The interior is cramped, the back seats worthless, no trunk space, exhaust note is awful, shifter sucks. The car was designed by americans in california, for americans. It's literally milking what The Fast and the Furious taught Nissan about prissy american boys. There are TONS of better cars for the money. If you want to maintain a Lotus V8, more power to you. I too love Lotuses, I think it's the most tanginble pseudo-supercar. For the money, though, I would probably advise you to rather invesitage the Elise/Exige (maybe even an Exige-S). AMAZING numbers, if that's what you want to buy. On a 1.8L Toyota 4-cyl, you're putting down numbers similar to cars 3 or 4 times the money. And it'll turn heads more than a topless Jessica Simpson.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts