8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Story: last night 2/5/09
Those of you who live in So Cal know that it rained pretty hard last night. I was on my home driving on the freeway and I was really tired and was scared that I would fall asleep at the wheel...so I decided to exit the freeway. My plan was to stop by a fast food place to grab a drink, just something to keep me going because I had about 25 miles to go. So I find a Jack in the Box on the left side of the street, but I can't make a left because there is too much traffic...so I drive a few feet ahead where there is a small street. I couldn't make a U-turn so I end up turning into the street...I get in and start looking for a driveway that I can use to turn my car around...so I spot a driveway that leads into a large parking lot, but I only need to use the driveway ramp to turn. I make a left heading into the driveway and hear almost a cracking sound like metal against metal...:xyxnervouohh [email protected] I said to myself what the hell...I put it in reverse and hear the same noise. As I am backing up I see a chain that was put up to block anyone from getting in. There were two poles on either side of the entrance and a chain hanging from one side to the other. Keep in mind that the chain hangs low in the middle and it was totally dark and raining pretty bad so I couldn't see for sh!t. I pull over and see the damage cause by a freaking chain...I was like wtf and I was pretty pissed off cause it was stupid but it could have happened to anybody I guess and it also could have been way worse...I was making a turn so I couldn't have been going over 5 mph or so. So i get out of the car and it's dark as hell so I left my headlights on and inspected the damage...It's not horrible and it seems to be cosmetic stuff more than structural damage but it still looks bad...

Cliffnotes: Don't drive your car into a driveway thats blocked off by a chain. :thumb:

ok i'm done ranting...onto the pics :eek:hnoes:

The Aftermath: pics were taken this morning...
If you have something bad to say, then keep it to yourself, I was wondering what you guys estimate it would cost to get it fixed. I went to College Hills Honda's website and saw a new hood for $301 and each fender is about $122...you guys think I should just replace the panels or try to fix them? This is my first accident so I'm not sure how bad it really is.

Thanks to all of you who read the entire post...I just feel bad thinking about the whole situation.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
holy ****.

you didnt see it?
nope...there were barely any street lights and it was dark and raining...poor visibility ftl. The chain was dark and hung low in the middle which was the direction I was looking towards so it looked totally clear infront of me. I was totally caught off guard

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
damn! you picked the wrong driveway haha.
best to just check college hills honda and add it up there.

yea i know...and I was about to go on another street but I decided to go where I did. Now I keep thinking 'what if' I had gone to the other spot? :banghead:

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
hmm well the fenders on college hills honda come unpainted i'm pretty sure...anywhere you buy it will unpainted so don't forget to add that into your calculations...but yeah that sucks man...hope you get everything fixed!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Dam man thats sucks but ur right it could have happened to any of us...dont worry about it to much it could have been worse...and all that stuff can be fixed so its all good.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts