8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got in a crash on saturday when it was snowing. :xyxnervou
some ass in front of me made a sudden stop and i couldn't break coz my car was sliding on the ice. Now my car is screwed. Left bumper came out, left headlight scratched and not in place, blinker doesn't work, and i cant close my hood. I think it'll take a lot of money to fix this. The stupid thing is icbc told me that it was 100% my fault coz I was on the back!!!! That really pisses me off!

Attachments

·
Registered
427 Posts
Sorry to hear dude. I have been there, done that before. Good luck man, let us know how it goes and what the total damage is.

·
Registered
300 Posts
got in a crash on saturday when it was snowing. :xyxnervou
some ass in front of me made a sudden stop and i couldn't break coz my car was sliding on the ice. Now my car is screwed. Left bumper came out, left headlight scratched and not in place, blinker doesn't work, and i cant close my hood. I think it'll take a lot of money to fix this. The stupid thing is icbc told me that it was 100% my fault coz I was on the back!!!! That really pisses me off!
sucks, but it is your fault - you should have been driving more cautiously, annoying of me to say, i know, but its true... yes they likely stopped for no reason other than being an idiot, but still, its what happens every day of vancouver's bad roads!!!

pay it out, it won't be too much to fix, maybe $3K if its just new bumper/lights and a little bit of work... icbc rates will skyrocket otehrwise

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
I can only say one thing and thats FRONT END CONVERSION!!!! :wavey:

Sorry to hear about your car.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
sucks, but it is your fault - you should have been driving more cautiously, annoying of me to say, i know, but its true... yes they likely stopped for no reason other than being an idiot, but still, its what happens every day of vancouver's bad roads!!!

pay it out, it won't be too much to fix, maybe $3K if its just new bumper/lights and a little bit of work... icbc rates will skyrocket otehrwise
He's right. No matter what, the car behind is always at fault.. If you have witnesses that proves that the driver in front caused the accident, you might be able to fight this..

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya i know the person at the back always get the crap!
that person in front said her car was slipping so she made a sudden stop, so stupid.
her car had little damages, and my car was fu*ked
well ya ill drive cautiously from now on, coz of the ice, my car slipped too so i couldn't stop

i think i need a new bumper and headlight
and i cant close my hood, so i dont know how they are going to fix it
and there are all these scratches coz the headlight went in the car

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i think let icbc fix it because i think it will cost over 3000
i wonder if i can get a new front conversion and let icbc pay for it haha

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
but only my front bumper was broken so i dont think i can get them to pay for all 4 piece of HFP kit lol

·
Premium Member
41,908 Posts
sorry to hear you crashed your ride,check out craigslist for parts I did see a headlight and front fenders in there, not sure of the condition.

Good luck with the repairs if there is anything we can help with let us know.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Sorry to hear about this.

You have to be careful when conditions are bad.

I think you can let ICBC handle this and when it's done you can opt to pay it out. I'm pretty sure that they give you the option to but double check with them first. It's hard for shops to rip them off cuz they have experience with repairs and prices so that may be your best way to go. If you go around asking for estimates by yourself I guarantee the prices will be all over the place.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
is your driver's fender ok as well? if it is, get a new kit! I posted a few days ago about our abs sucks on snow.

·
Registered
781 Posts
what are your deductibles on the insurance? I would use my insurance. Honestly I know everybody is advising you no to but i think that's the biggest mistake. After you pay insurance all this time the funniest thing is not to use it when **** happens and pay from your pocket instead. I wrecked an Integra GSR completely and my insurance went up 200$ per year. It may depend on your insurance company also.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts