8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well sad story, my "new" 4 month old Si got hit in the back bumper in the parking lot today. It was parked, and some dude in a van backed out and hit me, so it was totally his fault.

My back bumper got scuffed and paint came off. The rear fender and bumper are disaligned. I can obviously see a gap between the trunk and left side of the car.

Since it was all his fault, his insurance company is going to pay for the repair. I really want the best and most expensive shop I could get. Anyone knows any good body/paint shop in Santa Clara/San Jose/Sunnyvale/Cupertino area? I probably should tell the shop to get a brand new pained OEM bumper, and let them fix the rest of the problems (gap at trunk, alignment).

I am feeling really really really bad right now. I wanna cry... I am going to sleep now...

·
Registered
226 Posts
there arent really any body shops in cupertino so take that city out. there are a LOT along El Camino but ask honda what body shop they recommend because whenever they get a car thats scratched etc. then they will take it to that shop.

·
Registered
126 Posts
relianceab.com best in the south bay (in my opinion) life time warranty and their work is bad ass. tell em dan with the black rsx sent you (talk to tracey)

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
vietnati0nz said:
im sorry for what happen =[
Thanks man.

I've been babying my car since day 1, and accident still happened. I really hate dumb drivers who back up without looking at what's behind.

After the dude hit my car, he was like saying "I'm sorry~" with a big smile on his face, it made me think he did it on purpose.

What even more pissed me off is that he even tried to lie about not having an insurance! He said he will go to a shop with me and pay for repair. Once I said I was going to call cops, he said he found the insurance...

·
Banned
49,418 Posts
Sorry for that to happen but at least you were there to catch the guy. Most parking lot accidents are hit and run....good luck on the fix

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Dayam that sucks. I hate dumb drivers also, especially the cell phone users. I can drive, talk on the phone, race, drive a stick, and smoke a cigarette but these people can't even do 2 things at once.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I just dropped off my car at Works Auto Body in Santa Clara. I did it because they seemed to have good rep from i-club.com. What surprised me is that I even saw 2 Ferrari's in the shop. Anyone have experience with or knowledge of them?

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally got my car back from the shop. Works did a perfect job on the repair; my rear bumper looks brand new again!

+1 to Works Auto Body for their great customer service and work!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts