8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I'm pretty new to this forum and wanted to post my most recent experience at the strip: 14.76 @ 94

My car is a GG FG2, and the mods for this run were an AEM CAI and Greddy Ti-C 60mm cat-back, street tires only. Track was Beech Bend Raceway in Bowling Green, KY (where the Corvette is manufactured).

My best baseline run when the car was bone stock was a 15.2 @ 91, so I feel pretty good about the improvement with these minor mods.

Here's a pic of my car and the time slip--guy in the right lane was a 6-speed V6 Accord ('04 I think). He had been talkin some smack, so it was fun to show him the advantages of a LSD at the drag strip :dance:

I have quite a few plans for future mods, and I'll use this thread to document my efforts/successes/failures. Comments/advice/jokes are welcome. Good to be here!

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
if you want better track times: mod the driver, not the car =)

with more practice, you'll get better. also get a race header, it will help a lot. btw, welcome to the 14s:thumb:
Yeah, I know you're right on that. The track is so much different from the street, and I've only been a couple times. Thanks for the welcome!

get a supercharger n u be in the 13's... :thumb: but those are some nice numbers for just an intake n exhaust....

wats ur next mod???
Thanks. To be honest, I'm torn between N/A & Supercharged. Since it's my daily driver, part of me wants to be happy breaking into the 13's with a header, reflash, TBS, manifold heat shield, etc.......but the other part of me knows a 10psi blower would be a hell of a good time (and should be pretty safe for the K motor).

But, to honestly answer your question, my next mod will be wheels & tires. OEM rubber is 60% gone, and I'm not going to replace such a mild tire--time to upgrade. 18x7.5 +48 OZ Allegerrita's w/225/40-18 Yokohama Parada Spec 2 meat.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are 2 main reasons stop me from getting a supercharger. Kraftwerk should be releasing their supercharger "soon", but I dunno how soon it would be. MY FA5 is my DD, S/C hurts the MPG.
Isn't Kraftwerk just the new brand name for the Jackson Racing supercharger? I could be wrong, but I thought Skunk2 & Jackson Racing just teamed up to make Kraftwerk.

If so, the Jackson Racing Supercharger freewheels under low throttle--it has a vacuum valve that engages the blower once you give it throttle. So, theoretically, if you wanted to pet it around town, it shouldn't affect mpg that much.

Quick question, did you powershift at all?
I hit it off the line at about 4 grand to get my best pass, but I didn't "power shift" too much...I think I like my clutch/transmission too much. I'd do it all day if the car didn't have to get me to the office from 9/5 each day.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's always in boost, so your mpg goes down a bunch.

Kraftwerks is making the rotrex sc for our car. Kinda like the scion tc's
Oh, gotcha. I knew I heard something along those lines.

So, is this listing: CorSport Online Store: Jackson Racing - 989-325 just a marketing ploy then? Does the "vacuum bypass, freewheel under low throttle" feature not really save much fuel?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
man i bet the weather was nice. here in michigan when the track is open the weather in humid and stuff. i wish i can hit high 14s. my best time was 15.37 but i was only there one time and ran twice that night. other run was 15.6, i need more practice.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
what is tbs? sorry i'm new.
Throttle body spacer

Great times!
Thanks!

man i bet the weather was nice. here in michigan when the track is open the weather in humid and stuff. i wish i can hit high 14s. my best time was 15.37 but i was only there one time and ran twice that night. other run was 15.6, i need more practice.
Yeah, it was a good night. Low 60's, low humidity, last test & tune night of the season.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.