8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is the alignment report i got from KALTIRE.... They suggest getting rear camber arms, which are a little pricey for me right now. if anyone could help me about what i need to do from this report it would help me very much. Do i need to get the toe fixed? and will i be ok driving with the camber the way it is?

I'm lowered on eibach sportlines.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mikey6p said:
They didn't change anything?

That rear toes is going to eat your tires. When I got my alignment, I had similar numbers and the technician said that the toe is a bigger problem than the camber.
they told me they couldnt do the alignment without a camber kit.... i told them to just fix the toe then and they made up some dumb excusses why they couldnt do it. So i'm taking it to a place this week some time to at least get the toe fixed. as far as camber, i think i'm going to have to wait on that because of a money issue. We'll see how it plays out. thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
13,281 Posts
Camber doesn't eat tires. It slowly wears the inside of the tire just a little more. If you drive with some good spirit on a regular basis, you will wear the tire evenly.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Sirbelch said:
Camber doesn't eat tires.......
:shady:...................Camber WILL destroy your tire & chew that rubber right up, its on the same level as having a bad toe in/out problem. Whenver your alignment is wacked out regardless camber/caster/toe it WILL show on your tires and possibly the handling of your car......Caveman is 100% correct, i can speak from experience b/c if you walk into my shop with a severe camber problem (ie: lowered w/ no camber kit) you will NOT get a camber adjustment, only "toe-n-go" which is a waste of money on the vehicles owners end. Also keep in mind if your lowered & going to an alignment shop going off of OEM specs wont do ya any justice, you have to compensate for your vehicles ride height now

8thCivic Tire Help

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Element63 said:
they told me they couldnt do the alignment without a camber kit.... i told them to just fix the toe then and they made up some dumb excusses why they couldnt do it.
They can't change ANY camber setting with the factory setup you need a camber kit to do that. AS for the toe, you are on lowering springs or whatever, as you lower the car the rear gains neg camber, so if you change one, you change the other with it, its the way the suspension geometry works. The toe adjusters are probably maxed out from the amount of NEG camber in the rear you have..So if you were to get a camber kit, and make neg camber to a reasonable number, you could get toe back to 0.
The rear is pretty much like all hondas, multi-arm. There is a better toe-adjustment feature on it though compared to older models.

caveman74 said:
Some places wont do an alignment without a kit. I know on my 94 Civic this shop wouldnt do it..
Its probably not that they won't its probably that they can't cause from the factory there isn't any adjusment allowed...

People blame the tire wear or the poor tire wear on camber cause that is what can be seen with the naked eye..Its the toe that does it.
JUst an FYI
Too much Toe out = Excessive wear on the inside shoulders
Too much Toe In = Excessive wear on the out side shoulders

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
CrackThatTec45 said:
:shady:...................Camber WILL destroy your tire & chew that rubber right up, its on the same level as having a bad toe in/out problem. Whenver your alignment is wacked out regardless camber/caster/toe it WILL show on your tires and possibly the handling of your car......Caveman is 100% correct, i can speak from experience b/c if you walk into my shop with a severe camber problem (ie: lowered w/ no camber kit) you will NOT get a camber adjustment, only "toe-n-go" which is a waste of money on the vehicles owners end. Also keep in mind if your lowered & going to an alignment shop going off of OEM specs wont do ya any justice, you have to compensate for your vehicles ride height now

8thCivic Tire Help
:police: CAMBER DOES NOT EAT TIRES LIKE TOE WILL

And it is NO where near the same level as having poor toe on your car.

"Wear on One Side

Well If your looking like this, you have a severe camber problem with your vehicle and should be it address by a trained alignment shop before the purchase of new tires. One usually sees this ALOT of lower vehicles"

^^^^Your spreading mis information around...This is TOTALLY incorrect...If you are seeing wear it is only from Camber is what your saying and that is TOTALLY INCORRECT.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Highrev1 said:
People blame the tire wear or the poor tire wear on camber cause that is what can be seen with the naked eye..Its the toe that does it.
JUst an FYI
very well said :thumb: ........Picture pretty much your tires "dragging" as your moving i always tried telling people

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Highrev1 said:
:police: CAMBER DOES NOT EAT TIRES LIKE TOE WILL
i agree with that 100%...........never said it didnt, just corrected my man from saying "Camber doesnt eat tires"........as i said regardless camber/caster/toe it'll still chew your tires up............in the end if your gonna spend the money for an alignment might as well go in there with the correct stuff

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Highrev1 said:
:police:
^^^^Your spreading mis information around...This is TOTALLY incorrect...If you are seeing wear it is only from Camber is what your saying and that is TOTALLY INCORRECT.

then as i stated in my thread............... if i missed something or anything else I will correct PLEASE let me know........dont be so quick to get defensive :chill:

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
CrackThatTec45 said:
i said regardless camber/caster/toe it'll still chew your tires up
CrackThatTec45 said:
:shady:...................Camber WILL destroy your tire & chew that rubber right up, its on the same level as having a bad toe in/out problem.
I apoligize if I came off Defensive..:sadwavy:

Its not in the same level its not even in the same ballpark....Toe can kill tires in a DAY!!! If its bad enough...Camber dam I have run up to almost -4 degrees and still had the tires last quite a while...Granted that was on a race car but doesn't matter its the toe not the camber that really kills tires.:thumb:

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CrackThatTec45 again."

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
my intention were not to mis-inform people.............i was looking to get something rolling that can be perfected with others inputs regarding Tire help b/c @ the moment there is NOTHING on this site for members to turn too.......so with others inputs we can have ONE thread devoted to all the CORRECT answers :thumb:

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Highrev1 said:
If you want I will go over that tire tech article and just check it and give you a PM with what I would suggest to change :)
sounds good to me :biggrin: .........i got all my tech books laying around i can take stuff outa as well

·
Registered
13,281 Posts
Sirbelch said:
Camber doesn't eat tires. It slowly wears the inside of the tire just a little more. If you drive with some good spirit on a regular basis, you will wear the tire evenly.

Crack, camber won't distroy tires like toe will but i didn't say camber has no negitive effects. You got to read a whole post before responding to it.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Sirbelch said:
Crack, camber won't distroy tires like toe will but i didn't say camber has no negitive effects. You got to read a whole post before responding to it.
:pat:..........can we just delete a bunch of post & start from the begining again :biggrin:

·
Registered
13,281 Posts
No we can't Muahhahahahahahahahahaha. It is for ever written in stone. Muahahahahahahahahahaha. :laughing: Ohhh man im loosing it. Ohhh wait wait, nope, I lost it completely.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts