8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I would like to thank everyone on this forum for answering all my questions the past few weeks, you guys have been so helpful!

I always wanted a new car, but couldn't afford one so I was driving around a 94 Camry for a while. After working hard this past summer and all the money I saved up from all these years I was able to down a new car.

With all the anticipation building up, I wanted to know more about the car I was gonna get, which was the 2007-08 Honda Civic. One day, I was searching Google for a forum just for the new civics, and what do you know? 8thcivic.com shows up! And from that day on, I've been loving it!

Well yesterday I finally got my car, it's a 2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX with 7 miles on it!.:thumb:

Here are some pics!:biggrin:

The car now has 56 miles on it because I've been just driving around so much the past 2 days! I'm in love!:lildevil:

Next week, I'm planning to tint my windows with 35% rear with 50% front. (hope it turns out good).

Anyways, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone once again, and I hope to learn a lot more!:wavey:

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nikeman said:
Nice! Youll enjoy it...Are Cali's tint laws strict?
I believe so, especially in the Orange County area. I rather not risk it to get ticketed every now and than.
:redface:

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HoNgKoNgKoBe said:
congrats on your nice car you got there. what mods will we be seeing on this car?
1) Tint (of course)
2) Fogs
3) Better speakers + amp
4) Led license plate light.
5) New wheels in the future.:thumb:

·
They Call me Kobe!
11,510 Posts
dnv said:
1) Tint (of course)
2) Fogs
3) Better speakers + amp
4) Led license plate light.
5) New wheels in the future.:thumb:
not planning to get a kit and HIDs. but ya tint is a must it makes your car look a lot different.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Sweet! I tbh just got my 8th yesterday as well!

06 Si with about 30k miles on it but I hasselled the crap out of the dealers and even walked out on them twice.

Things im doing to mine:
Tint
HID's (6000k's)
Yellow Fogs
then starting the boltons and suspension

I cant get enough of my car and Im sure you feel the same way so enjoy your car!

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
I'm pretty sure I have the same tint as what you want on my coupe...and the front doesn't really match the rear. Ah well, whatever keeps the sun out!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Grats on your purchase WellingtonSI!

Thank you everyone!

EDIT: Izzy, I would love to see the tint on your car, any pics?:pics:

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
FA5SI said:
broadway mirror ftw
Yeah! They are so helpful eliminating those blindspots, I got them right after I got my car!

I have a question:

Anyone know how I can change the radio display? I followed instructions from the thread but I still can't do it.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24902

Any 2008 Sedan LX owners out there that can change their radio display?

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
dnv said:
Yeah! They are so helpful eliminating those blindspots, I got them right after I got my car!

I have a question:

Anyone know how I can change the radio display? I followed instructions from the thread but I still can't do it.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24902

Any 2008 Sedan LX owners out there that can change their radio display?
Sorry to say it, but you have an LX Sedan, I dont know about Si's but I know sedans can't be changed. Only coupes. (and maybe si sedans as well, but not completely sure.)

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
WellingtonSI said:
Sweet! I tbh just got my 8th yesterday as well!

06 Si with about 30k miles on it but I hasselled the crap out of the dealers and even walked out on them twice.

Things im doing to mine:
Tint
HID's (6000k's)
Yellow Fogs
then starting the boltons and suspension

I cant get enough of my car and Im sure you feel the same way so enjoy your car!
Instead of threadjacking, why not just start your own?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts