8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Lol yeah custom obsessions has always been mostly vdubs. Lee purcell is on their with his jetta with the air ride suspension and ccw wheels. He's a lowmo member as well. There's a few civic si's on lowmo but most are integras and ek,egs with k swaps or turbos.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Lol suck it jess. I don't need u makin it harder on me than it already is :( they had to order an elbow to come off the turbo because the couplers were too tight so it set us back acouple days. Plus we couldn't book this friday for tuning because danny was all booked up. And since friday next week is the only day I have off, we booked then. So tell ur work u need next friday off!!!! U better not change ur mind or have plans cuz I need a ride out there haha

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
little update....... the clamp that holds the turbo compressor on let go, and scraped/chipped every fin on the inducer of the turbine wheel. That was almost 2 weeks ago, since then the turbo has a new turbine wheel and rebuild kit, spools muchhhhhh better now. The car is at jd racing right now getting ready to hit the dyno for some more power! will update with new numbers once its tuned. shooting for 380+

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
If I see an 8th and a blast of purple blow by me I'll know it was you. very nice. Good power on what I assume is stock internals? sorry I haven't read the entire post.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
Been awhile since i've updated. So for those of you who don't know, the car went in for a new paint job :)
Just a few teaser shots for now until the car is assembled this week.
Also have a new clutch/flywheel so we will put the car back on the dyno with a non slipping clutch to hit the 500 mark. Gotta say though, the stock did very well holding up until 495!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
They took the sideskirts off but left the front and rear lip. I was worried at first, but after seeing the finished product it came out great.
As for the color, its called champion yellow from suzuki. I wanted something different that you wont see on any 8thgen around here.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
For price, honda gave me some towards the hood and fenders so that was taken off the price. And they are doing a bit of fab work for me so its hard to give an exact figure on it.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts