8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would let you know about my new nitrous system for my car.
Finally completed the install and I`m happy to report it`s working like it should. Not many people on American forums are aware of the fact that there is an alternative to the generic American stuff in the form of a Noswizards nitrous kit, also called WON. World of nitrous.

But first I thought it would be a good idea to install a better clutch to handle the increased torqueload.
So I ordered a JDM style Exedy stage 1 clutch and sure enough got it delivered with the faulty clutch release bearing.
It was a Nachi part. nr. 55SCRN34P-8 item.
I returned the clutch, got my money back and ordered an american Exedy stage1 clutch, meant for the Civic SI.
This kit had the correct release bearing part.nr. Nachi 55SCRN36P-1
Everyone told me the clutch wouldn`t fit on the European FN2`s, but it went in without problems. Another myth busted.

In total I did about 130 1/4 mile passes with the oem clutch and it held up fine, although it started to feel soft in the end. Did about 30000 km with it.

I also had to do some adjustments to the clutch mechanism in order to prevent lockout at high rpm gearchanges.
But first I had to remove the brake pedal mechanisem in order to reach the adjustment nuts.
I had to screw out the big bolt on the clutch pedal almost completely to get just a bit of freeplay and prevent preload of the release bearing.
The rod going into the clutch mastercylinder didn`t allow for much adjustment, as I could only turn it about half a turn.

I had already installed a Skunk2 short shifter adapter some time ago, but decided to lengthen the gear lever by placing a piece of treaded bar to it connected by a tube with internal treads on both ends. Shifts perfect now and superlight.

Made my own control panel. It has a window switch, Minimax controller, TPS sensor, activation switch and bottle heater switch.
It looks a bit scruffy, need to pimp it up a bit.

Wanted to able to reach for the bottle valve to open or close it by hand, so decided to place the bottle right behind the passenger seat. I had removed the rear seats a long time ago anyway, so I had room to spare. The WON 11lbs bottles are a bit longer than comparable American bottles.

Made some brackets from a few pieces of metal bar for my solenoids (pulsoids as WON calls them). Wanted to make the pipes for nitous and fuel as short as possible, so had to mount the pulsoids on the intake manifold.

The boring stuff. Pulling wires through the car.

Pulsoids mounted.

Distribution block mounted.

The 5 mm nitrous pipe is made of nylon and it difficult to bend. I used some old fuel line as insulation material.

As the outlet of the bottle valve was so close to the floor I had just enough room for the nitrous pipe to connect to the bottle.

I bought another piece of fuel line with quick disconnect fittings to splice in the T barb for the fuel pulsoid.

Because of the fuel line running directly alongside the engine I had no other choice but to run the fuel pipe over the cylinderhead to the fuel pulsoid.

With all the rubber hoses there is just enough room for the T barb.

The WON kits comes with just a set of 25 bhp jets, so I ordered some bigger jets and an adapter for the bottle to have it filled.

Time for the serious stuff; drilling holes in the intake manifold for the crossfire injectors, and then using a tap to make very fine M10#1 mm treads.

The rest of the job was pretty straightforward, adding fuel and nitrous pipes between the distribution block and crossfires, although care must be taken not to kink the pipes on bends. Also, they must all be of exact same length to get even distribution inside the manifold runners.

Everything finished and all systems working fine. I`m still in the process of fine tuning. Started off with the 25 bhp jets to test for general issues and possible leaks, then switched to 50 bhp jets and tried to get a feel for the way it reacts on jetting and bottle pressure. I also have an Innovate Motorsports LC1 controller to monitor the AFR`s which proves to be an invaluable aid.
Recently switched to the 75 bhp jets and now the car is really starting to move. I`m still on streettyres and open differential and I`m seriously traction limited in 1st and 2nd gear.

While I have a catless raceheader, I`m still on the stock 60 mm catback.
With the 75 bhp shot I feel that I`m right on the limit with the exhaust.
I also want to try out a 100 bhp shot later this year so decided to have an ehaust cutout to be welded in. Might relieve some backpressure when on a 100 bhp shot at the dragstrip. I prefer this option instead of buying a bigger exhaust, I like my car to be quiet on the street.
First streetlegal dragrace is coming late June, so I`m curious how my car will perform at the strip.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
WOW...............very cool build :)

I would like to see some pics of the hole car !

Also in for some # you are getting from it ;)

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
A couple of ?'s...........how did you keep the metal from dropping down in the intake when you drilled the holes ? Isn't the metal going to get sucked into the motor and f stuff up ? Also having the bottle in side the car with you.......is that safe ?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WOW...............very cool build :)

I would like to see some pics of the hole car !

Also in for some # you are getting from it ;)
Still in the fine tuning process Obert, but as soon as everything is working like it should I will post up some numbers. I will see if I can post up some pictures.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nice build... looking to throw nothingmore than a 50shot on the si with a supercharger setup.. where did u put purge lines?
The WON system is much more advanced and efficient than all the American kits, no purge system needed at all.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A couple of ?'s...........how did you keep the metal from dropping down in the intake when you drilled the holes ? Isn't the metal going to get sucked into the motor and f stuff up ? Also having the bottle in side the car with you.......is that safe ?
I couldn`t be arsed to remove the intake manifold to remove the metal particles, so when everything was finished I got behind the wheel, started the car and revved it to blow the shavings and **** out of the exhaust.
apparently that worked, engine is running fine.

Bottle in car is absolutely fine. I`m surrounded by 6 airbags inside the cabin. Airbags have a nitrogencylinder with 1500 psi of pressure.
Modern cars here in Europe drive around with a fuel rails with 1000 psi under the hood.

·
Banned
4,164 Posts
the placement of your nozzles is AWFUL.. u want to be dead in the middle and the far right cylinder isnt even lined up with the rest..

Looks like a total mess

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the placement of your nozzles is AWFUL.. u want to be dead in the middle and the far right cylinder isnt even lined up with the rest..

Looks like a total mess
First of all, don`t compare the generic American nozzles with the WON crossfires. They are much more efficient in design and operation. And because of the small internal diameter of the pipes and distribution block channels, phase change of the nitrous charge is virtually absent and pressure stays consistent, giving an immensly powerful nitrous cloud. Because the fuel outlet is placed centrally between the two nitrous outlets inside the crossfire, the fuel spray is drawn inside the nitrous cloud and atomizes fully with the nitrous discharge, improving mixture quality.
In a single port system nozzle placement is important, but with the WON direct port setup the crossfires can be placed into the manifold runners pointed straight to the intake port. The system is so efficient that reversion characteristics are kept to a minimum.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, the amount of metal particles were minimal after I used a narrow wooden stick with some grease und managed to angle out most of the debris.
My engine runs fine Matt, no harm done.

·
Registered
243 Posts
dude theyre just raggin on your setup cause its different. Dont pay any attention u seem to know what ur doing and i appreciate u introducing a different setup than the "less than reputable" way nitrous is usually done (100 shot single port on stock internals FTL). So thanks culasse interested to see the numbers.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I knew I would get some flaming when I posted this thread here on the forum. The Noswizards nitrous system is largely unknown here and that`s precisely the objective I had in mind, providing an alternative for open minded people who want to try something out of the ordinary.

Still on the 75 bhp shot currently, but If everything goes well at the upcoming streetlegal drags I will switch to a 100 bhp shot.
That`s as far as I want to go.
Next year my car will be out of warranty and that would be a good time to get the Hondata flashpro. Hopefully by then they will have the additional nitrous feature.
That way I can have integrated ecu and nitrous control for optimum performance.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts