8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i about to do my 1st i/e/h on my 07 si. this is what i geting.

Injen Cold Air Intake for 06 Civic SI - $250
Comptech Shorty Headder 06+ SI - $530
AJP 3" Cat-Back Exhaust 06 Civic - $600.
Then reflashing.

Geting it all from www.ajperformance.com.

this is my 1st time so i dont now much about brands and crap. any feed back would help. placing the order one the 1st when i get payed.

·
Registered
901 Posts
i love my injen CAI just installed it about a week ago and couldnt be happier except for one thing.. which im about to make a thread about lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
PLs learn more about ur car before u start buying things. If ur keeping ur car N/A the 3" exhaust is to big and what about a downpipe. R u going to have a cat or a testpipe figure this out and then post a mor series question

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
I would highly suggest you find a different distributor.

·
Registered
48 Posts
People are you giving you good advice about the 3" being too big but nobody has said why. Judging by your question I take it you're pretty new to this so I'll explain. The 3" exhaust will cause you to lose too much back pressure which wil in turn cause you to lose torque. The only way you would want to go with that large of an exhaust is if you plan to do a lot of high rpm road racing or if you plan on going turbo or S/C. Just trying to help!

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
well as already suggest, try adn find some one else to buy your parts from. AJP is proven unreliable.

and i would suggest:
stock intake, or x's intake
comptech header and rt high flow cat / or vibrant header...unless you want to go baller status, go for the buddy club RH ($800) or the SSR RH ($1200)
skunk2 70mm
reflash

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i been useing hondacivicforum.com for a ever long time. i done most my research on there. i forgot about this site untell the the other day and thought it would be better to post it up here, being that most of you own 8th gen civics. this is not my 1st civic but it is the 1st one i will mod.

i only went with a 3" exhaust b/c thats what a mod one my other forum told me. "no 3'' is not 2 much the k series needs and loves big piping to get any real gains" i was goin with a smaller one. as for as a down pipe, i going to keep it n/a so do i need one? most of the exhaust i have looked at say they come with everything needed. i will look around on the site some more.

·
Registered
42 Posts
keep stock air box or buy x's intake , get a race header dont really recommend a shorty and , 3 inch exhaust is to much for what kinda power you will be making.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
eugenekim.net said:
i suggest reading more on here before you do anything...
He speakith the truth :thumb: I've been reading about mods since I got my ride in Feb 06. I'm still working out details on what is the best thing to do to my car. Unless you have money to burn I would take your time.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
3" is too big because you loose some backpressure which takes away some of the torque your car makes, thats why 3" is too big for n/a. but in s/c or turbo there is more air being forced through the pipes so 3" works for those.

and i would definitely find a new place to buy from, like corsport. ive heard too many bad things about ajp. and the shorty header not a good idea, you won't have a dp. injen is good. and then the exhaust go with about 2.5"

and yes you do need a downpipe, becaus ethe shorty header is the only top piece of it, dp isn't only for turbo.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Not that I have any bad experiences with AJP, but I will say CorSport is absolutely GREAT to deal with. I've also had good experience with Excelerate. I think they are the best sponsors on the site ATM.

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
I don't know who is telling you 3'' is 2 big for the k series it is a fact it loves big piping a freind is running a 3'' pipe to the stock muffler.DC header,Fugita sri,PR2 spacer and he put down 197hp on the dyno and thats with no reflash he beat the rest of us with smaller piping.

I would suggest you look at Turbo Mafia you can get 3'' piping with a resonator and the muffler of your choice and still keep it quiet and get the best gains. The DC header will give the best gains for the money like type x said the gains between a sri and cai are minimal so its def a toss up there. Alot of people are afraid to hydro lock but i have many friends with a cai that have had 0 problems but some have experienced a slight lag with the cai.

If i were you i would still run the Injen cai with the PR2 spacer,DC header,3'' piping with a resonator and muffler from turbo mafia, And the reflash this will def yield you over 200 hp to the ground with out it being super loud.

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
lps72pp2 said:
People are you giving you good advice about the 3" being too big but nobody has said why. Judging by your question I take it you're pretty new to this so I'll explain. The 3" exhaust will cause you to lose too much back pressure which wil in turn cause you to lose torque. The only way you would want to go with that large of an exhaust is if you plan to do a lot of high rpm road racing or if you plan on going turbo or S/C. Just trying to help!
I am in no way trying to say your wrong here but i have experienced different with 3'' piping even if your losing back pressure i didn't notice it the SI was pulling harder at any rpm because of the added airflow and the DC header made up for any TQ loss. He can go with the Skunk2 70mm or a 3'' piping custom 1 from turbo mafia those are the only 2 i would run for the best gains he was provided plenty of info so i am sure he will make a good choice.

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
gl finding a place who has that header in stock.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts