8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i’m pretty new with anything transmission related. i apologize if i sound like a child.

not too long ago i was driving about 5 minutes down the road to pick a friend up, car was running perfectly fine on the way there. once they got in the car, i put the car in first like normal, and my car just stalled out of nowhere. so i start the car back up and it would not allow me to get into first at all, or any other gear. eventually i was only able to get into 3rd and was able to get my car home.

i didn’t drive it for about 2 weeks until i moved it into a different part of the driveway. however after that it will only allow me to shift while the car is off, once i start it the shifter will only move left and right, i can’t get into any gears at all. any belt?

2011 civic si sedan 130k miles

·
Registered
124 Posts
It sounds like either the clutch master cylinder or slave cylinder is failing. The clutch is not fully disengaging and that is why you cant get it into gear.

First check the clutch reservoir. It probably doesnt have any fluid in it. If so then the system is leaking somewhere and now there is air in the line.

To get familiar with the system just look up a video on changing the CMC and slave.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Like Sniper Blaize said, sounds like the CMC or Slave are failing. With the help of another person, check to see if the clutch release fork at the transmission is moving when the clutch pedal is depressed. It should move a considerable amount, but if it barely is budging then for sure there is a problem with these parts or there is air in the system.

A kit like the SiriMoto N1 kit would be a good upgrade when replacing the stock master and slave cylinders.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts