8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is the beginning of the build for my 07 SI sedan. I don't know how far I go with it. It will probably progress pretty slow as I get all the basics caught up on it. After that we will see where the journey takes me.

I picked this car up shortly after the motor in my E46 BMW went out. I needed a new daily seems how I drive 100 miles a day for work. I had been thinking about going back to Honda for the reliability and mpg's for a while. Guess it was time.

Car is a bone stock 07 SI that someone put the 09 front on after a previous accident. On to the pics.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First thing I did to the car was give the engine compartment a power washing. It was absolutely filthy. I wanted to see what it looked like with a quick spray. Better for sure but still needs a lot more work. Now that the weather is breaking here in Michigan I'll be able to actually put some work in to it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is the first "mod" I picked up for it. My shift boot was trashed so I ordered up a new oem Type R boot and installed it. I also installed led bulbs in the interior, an e brake handle rebuild kit, and replaced the tensioner, idler pulled, and belt. I didn't get any pics of them though.

·
Registered
60 Posts
that should make a super fun commuter.

give some Chemical Guys All Clean+ a try for the engine bay. full strength (watch your paint or it'll strip the wax) and then brush it hard after it dwells a bit. cover your MAF and as much of your alternator as you can with foil so you don't soak them. then rinse, dry, and finish off with some kind of rubber/vinyl coating like Meguiars Natural Shine. she'll look awesome for months. that's what i use:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tip. I went back later with some Purple Power and hit it again. Looked even better afterward. The plan is to take it for a full detail soon. Just waiting for some of my left over BMW parts to sell.

·
Registered
116 Posts
That is a nice pick up! Front end looks good:)HMU if ur looking for any parts, stock or aftermarket. I have gone through about 5 different setups on my car so I have a shed stacked with parts. The old lady is not a fan of it so I’m trying to unload some stuff.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you have a part number on the Type R shift boot? Can it be ordered from any Honda dealer?

I bought mine off of ebay. I don't see why a dealer wouldn't be able to order it. The part number is 77298-SNX-A01ZB.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is a nice pick up! Front end looks good:)HMU if ur looking for any parts, stock or aftermarket. I have gone through about 5 different setups on my car so I have a shed stacked with parts. The old lady is not a fan of it so I’m trying to unload some stuff.

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Little bit of an update. I picked up a grille emblem seems how my car was missing it.

my drivers side door speaker blew so I set out in a local junkyard to find a replacement. While searching through the civics they had I came across a set of JL Audio TR650-CXi coaxials with the mount and harness for my car. Scooped them up and took them home and installed them. Very nice addition to the factory sounds system. I also found out that my passenger side front door has been replaced and when they did they left the base model speaker in instead of swapping over the Premium speaker from the original door.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts