8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just joined this forum. I have owned a bunch of civics over the years for daily drivers and I hope this one turns out to be as just as good. I currently have a couple hundred miles on it and I really like it. Tell me what you think and feel free to ask any questions.

This was the first one my dealer got.
I bought it for $500 over invoice out the door. pics at link.

The car presents an excellent overall driving experience. It feels much more expensive then it is. Honda did a great job!!!

2006 Civic EX Coupe 5spd pics, invoice, and window sticker

·
Registered
151 Posts
ya si for me. but damnit my dealer still has no coupes in. so it seems that when i come back on DEC 18 i wont be able to trade straight in. i may have to drive to ontario in my 7thgen and trade for a 8thgen si once i get there :(

least ill have a larger selection :)

nice car BTW

·
Registered
36 Posts
watchdoc said:
I just joined this forum. I have owned a bunch of civics over the years for daily drivers and I hope this one turns out to be as just as good. I currently have a couple hundred miles on it and I really like it. Tell me what you think and feel free to ask any questions.

2006 Civic EX Coupe 5spd
Can you tell me about the backseats space of your car?
Is it spacious enough?
How is the interior material quality? I know scion tC has a cheap ass interior.
Is it comfy to drive compared to your previous civic that you owned before.
How is the road, engine, wind noise while you drive on the highway?

Maybe it's better if you compare your new civic with the previous civic.
We all can imagine the difference.

Sorry if I ask you too much.
Thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
My salesman called me today, he said he had 2 coupes. When I got there the last coupe was sold and the owners were signing papers.

I really wanted to test drive the coupe.

·
STIG: a tamed race driver
1,630 Posts
chobits said:
Can you tell me about the backseats space of your car?
Is it spacious enough?
How is the interior material quality? I know scion tC has a cheap ass interior.
Is it comfy to drive compared to your previous civic that you owned before.
How is the road, engine, wind noise while you drive on the highway?

Maybe it's better if you compare your new civic with the previous civic.
We all can imagine the difference.

Sorry if I ask you too much.
Thanks

the back seats are okay. They are probably the best you are going to get in this class of a car, it's my first time to look at a 4 door civic, so I can only compare to larger sedans (like the Accord). I'll put it this way, they are good enough to put a child in a child seat in and out and they are good enough that I wouldn't be ashamed to have a medium built person ride in the back. Probably w not across the country, but across town I think would be fine. Like I said, probably the best in class.

Interior quality is very good IMO.

The ride is much better than previous civics. I 've driven every model from '92 to present, and have to say even though I drove a sedan, I think it is better in the area of handling. For the auto's, the throtle reaspose is a little lacking, I think it has to do with the drive by wire system. Didn't drive the manual.

Crousing is very nice, it was quite. Not quite like a Lexus, but not bad.

Overall, I think it is the best car in the class, specially once you consider the resale.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
back seats and driving experience

I own a coupe and the back seats are no place for adults for any length of time. I'm 6 1 and my head hits the ceiling. My guess is that anyone 5' 10" or taller will hit their head in a coupe. It would be fine for across town but that's all. The legroom is a little better but still not meant for adults for any length of time.

The interior quality is the best I've ever seen from any civic and the only economy car that has a comparable interior is the mazda 3.

The stereo in the EX coupe is nice with the subwoofer. The 8" sub is placed in the rear deck and uses the trunk as an enclosure. This "free air" setup is a lil boomy for my tastes although it seems to be what younger people like. I prefer tight and fast bass and I will prol try and swap the driver to achieve better results.

The interior lighting is very cool with the blue ambient lighting.

The handling and ride quality is better than any civic I've seen and comparable to the RSX or accord coupe.

·
Registered
36 Posts
What if you compare the new civic with Accord in term of noise and comfort?
Civic Ex is around 18k, and you can get Accord LX 4cyl for around 20k.
Which one will you consider?
I'm not trying to offend you; I'm just curious.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No offense taken. Actually, I was very serious about the Accord SE 5spd but when I factored in the additional MPG, cheaper price, sunroof, nicer stereo, and the new body style, I was sold on the civic. I will admit the cache of having a car noone else has played a part in my decision. So far, no buyers remorse and I really like the car.

If the accord SE came with a nicer stereo and a lil better fuel economy, I would have bought it.

·
1,630 Posts
watchdoc said:
I own a coupe and the back seats are no place for adults for any length of time. I'm 6 1 and my head hits the ceiling. My guess is that anyone 5' 10" or taller will hit their head in a coupe. It would be fine for across town but that's all. The legroom is a little better but still not meant for adults for any length of time.

I know it's a down grade, the EX has about 1 inch less of head room. They have to drop the ceiling to make room for the sunroof and the motor and all that. If head room is an issue, go with an LX.

·
1,630 Posts
chobits said:
What if you compare the new civic with Accord in term of noise and comfort?
Civic Ex is around 18k, and you can get Accord LX 4cyl for around 20k.
Which one will you consider?
I'm not trying to offend you; I'm just curious.
I had an '04 Accord EX with the 4 cylinder auto... expect it to suck gas, I got an average of 21 MPG with it.

Personally I would drive both if where you. I difference in ride is huge IMO, I loved the way Accord rode, but the MPG where just a killer.

·
Registered
36 Posts
watchdoc said:
No offense taken. Actually, I was very serious about the Accord SE 5spd but when I factored in the additional MPG, cheaper price, sunroof, nicer stereo, and the new body style, I was sold on the civic. I will admit the cache of having a car noone else has played a part in my decision. So far, no buyers remorse and I really like the car.

If the accord SE came with a nicer stereo and a lil better fuel economy, I would have bought it.
I love the feeling of driving a fresh brand new car, and people will stare at you while you drive, or maybe they'll come and ask about your new car when you park somewhere.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it the coupe EX has 360 watts stereo and the four doors only has 160 watts stereo?
What do you get in sedan while on coupe you can't get it ?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Congrats!

I have a question, on a computer screen galaxy grey has a green tint to it. Through my eyes anyway, is this the way it looks in person? I loved the carbon grey color on the 7th gen's, this looks to be more green or brown or something, can you concur?

Also, that price doesnt sound right. No offense intended, but usually all honda's are marked up $3,000. So $500 over invoice doesnt work out to only $1069 off sticker, unless that was after tag and tax as well. Its hard to read your sales ticket...

Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
color and price

The color does not have any hint of green in it. It is more of a gunmetal color with a deep glossy finish.

Here are the details of my purchase. I posted the invoice and bill of sale since several people simply didn't believe that I bought the car for $500 over invoice.

$16,691 INVOICE
$550 DESTINATION
$269 DOCUMENTATION FEE
$231 MARK UP
$17,741 MY PRICE

$18,810 MSRP
$17,741 SUBTRACT MY PRICE
$1,069 PRICE OFF MSRP

1 - 20 of 46 Posts