8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
E-Tunez FTT!!!
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the pleasure of assisting a fellow 8thcivic member (currently banned, otherwise he would have been making this post) with his dyno tune over the past weekend at innovative-motorworks.com of Carlisle, PA. The crew over at Innovative were very professional, prepared, and provided excellent customer service and support. I would definitely use their services again. Prior to working on the dyno I had e-tuned Mully's car running on the stock injectors. During the weekend we upgraded to RDX injectors and injected his upper torque rod with Duramix (Mully had previously injected his front mount as per the Skunk2 Instructions).

Mully's setups consists of:

1. K&N Filter with modified scoop and cowl setup.
2. TSX Throttle-Body (non-bored).
3. P2R Throttle-Body gasket.
4. RDX Injectors.
5. Skunk2 Header
5. Go-Power 3" exhaust.
6. Flashpro.

The following graph shows his e-tuned run vs. his dyno tuned run:

As you can see from the graph the e-tune was very close to the dyno tune setup and Mully is a very happy camper!

Here's Mully's review http://www.e-tunez.com/forum/lounge/hooked-phonics-rulo-and-e-tunez-worked-me:

"I had the chance to get my car dyno-tuned by Rulo of E-Tunes yesturday at Innovative-Motorworks in Carlisle, PA. Rulo squeezed 230 hp and 166 tq out of my 06 Si on a Dyno Pac dyno. I have a K&N intake, Skunk2 header, Go-Power 3'' exhaust, TSX throttle body, rdx injectors, and flashpro. Beyond the numbers, Rulo truly made my car transform. The tone even changed dramatically. The best way to describe the tone is crisp or clean. The car pulls soo incredibly smooth and seems to not want to stop. I had a 4 hour road trip home that included going up and down mountains in PA and the car laughed at the inclines. I had to hardly modulate the throttle to maintain my speed and it felt like driving on straight road. I had no bogging even while accelerating,in 6th no less, up some steep inclines. I filled up upon leaving Carlisle and drove 238 miles to home and had well over a quarter of a tank of fuel left!! That was a awesome bonus to my car really being a different beast. We base lined at 220hp and 155tq, so a great improvement was had over my initial E-Tune Rulo had done. Having said that,my car ran awesome before dyno tuning and I was suprised how close it was to ideal with just street tuning by a guy hours away and e-mail, thats wild to me! Dyno rental was 300 bucks and to those who don't want to spend the extra loot on rental and tuning will in no way be disappointed with just E-Tuning. Rulo and the rest of the guys here have a really great tool in VIts E-Dyno. Vit did an incredible job with his E-Dyno. I, along with everyone else I have read about ,have hit very close numbers on a real dyno as to his E-Dyno. In conclusion thanks again to Rulo for his hard work and attention to my car and thanks to Vit, mucter, and BV1 for a great company to deal with. You guys put hard work and effort into all your clients cars and often go above and beyond. With all the horror stories most of us read on sub-par tuning from supposed "elite" shops, your work is leaps and bounds better. I hope for continued success for you all!!ROCK OUT."

Congratulations on your new-found power!

·
E-Tunez FTT!!!
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very impressive. I was under the impression that stock injectors were more than enough for a n/a setup, so what makes the RDX's sought after?
Stock injectors are not enough when your mods increase the fuel consumption, especially in the winter time. Plus the RDX's have better atomization, a great set of injectors.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Great numbers for the Mull,

I wonder if he should tell the people in the Cobb forum.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Just a quick lolz post to everyone that thinks this car can't hit 230 whp without cams.
you can hit the 230 mark without cams. but do know that it's a dynapack and it does read higher than average.

at the end of the day though, it's just a number and one shouldn't be so caught up by it. as long as the setup is running at its max potential, that's all that matters.

nice work btw. and see, there's always some power to pick up off a dyno tune.
Very impressive. I was under the impression that stock injectors were more than enough for a n/a setup, so what makes the RDX's sought after?
the stock injectors are more than enough for most n/a setups. on my k20a2 i was able to hit 235 with stock injectors but the duty cycle was 90+.

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
you can hit the 230 mark without cams. but do know that it's a dynapack and it does read higher than average.
Maybe, maybe not. Not all dynapacks are configured to read high (ie: he's not on the church dynapack). A setup like his makes in the 240's on church's dynapack. It's something I talked to Rulo about, they actually have a preset 06-10 Si calibration for the dynapack that is legit.

the stock injectors are more than enough for most n/a setups. on my k20a2 i was able to hit 235 with stock injectors but the duty cycle was 90+.
My stocks currently vary between 90% to 96% depending on the weather, and we haven't even seen a nice cold winter day since I put my stocks back in.

·
E-Tunez FTT!!!
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The guys at innovative-motorworks make sure that the dynapack is calibrated specifically for the subject car's gear ratios, final drive, and run gear (in this case 4th). Having tuned on a dynapack, I can tell you that there is no other dyno I'd ever wish to tune with. Great piece of equipment to extract the most power from a tuning session.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts