8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening everyone,

I've got a 2009 Acura CSX Type-S that I'm looking to throw a Mugen/Type R wing on. I have the 7-speaker package so that means I don't have the traditional deck mounted third brake light, I only have the one on the factory rear spoiler like the Civic Si. I'd kind of like to keep the third brake light however I really don't want to give up the center mounted subwoofer so it looks like my only real option would be the Mugen Si wing. I'd like as much as possible to stick with genuine parts so it is proving to be a bit difficult to source out these parts.

There's a local here in Toronto that looks like they have what was once a Mugen Si spoiler repainted white, missing the lower piece with the third brake light, however I wanted to confirm with people who have better knowledge on this topic. I've attached some photos below of what he's selling.

Could I technically purchase OE mounting hardware as well as 71704-XVJ-000ZL (SPOILER CTR LOWER TRUNK LID) to complete this?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yea, the mugen si's had a lower section to the wing almost like a trunk lip that housed the 3rd brake light.

Looking at the parts diagram, it looks like you have the correct part number for what your looking for. Probably gona have to get it paint matched and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
315 Posts
If I purchased a Mugen wing for the look, I’d get one from eBay for $100, and use a Dremel tool to cut out a spot for the 3rd brake light on the bottom cross-section. It’s substantially cheaper. I prefer the more hands-on and cheaper approach verses the more expensive easy approach. But that’s just me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts