8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys...
i've been waiting for the usdm mugen wing but now we know that it is controlled order. :(
i really want mugen wing but if i buy mugen wing (other than usdm mugen wing) i'll have problems with 3rd brake light.
do we really need 3rd brake light?
is it legal or illegal to remove the 3rd brake light?
i've seen some si with mugen wing and without 3rd brake light.
how did you solve problems about the 3rd brake light?
i don't think i can swap to ex or dx the rear deck because i have a sub on my type-s.
i really appreciate your helps.
thanks...

·
Registered
511 Posts
cornerstrike said:
Im pretty sure in the US every state requires every automobile to have a 3rd brake light. At least in NJ that is so.

i dont think so... some cars doesnt have any third brake light...

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I'm sure someone eventually will fab something up to have an LED brake light on a mugen spoiler... only a matter of time.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yup lionel, i hope so..
can't wait to install mugen wing and full mugen bodykits. hahaha...
i guess we are thinking about the same thing. :p

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Since the Mugen wing doesn't have a 3rd brake light, why not simply use the existing deck's third brake light? Or do you have the third brake light on the spoiler, like the Si? If so, just get the EX deck and don't fill the sub enclosure (as I think that is the problem here from what I glanced at) or use it to hook a free-air 8" sub up. :D

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
P1NGP1NG said:
yup lionel, i hope so..
can't wait to install mugen wing and full mugen bodykits. hahaha...
i guess we are thinking about the same thing. :p
Dude... where do u get this money?:SHOCKED:

·
Premium Member
64,413 Posts
Izzy said:
Since the Mugen wing doesn't have a 3rd brake light, why not simply use the existing deck's third brake light? Or do you have the third brake light on the spoiler, like the Si? If so, just get the EX deck and don't fill the sub enclosure (as I think that is the problem here from what I glanced at) or use it to hook a free-air 8" sub up. :D
The rear deck on the CSX-S has a sub and no third brake light.Like the Si the 3rd brake light is in the spoiler.

·
Premium Member
64,413 Posts
Yeah that should work...it is a bit big and a little fugly :xyxnervou but should serve it's purpose.

You will have to hard wire it to the existing 3rd brake light wire for the spoiler.Should be pretty straight forward.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
haha... this is one of my option now.
btw, some people suggest me to switch my rear deck to ex coupe deck because it has sub and third brake light. will that work?

·
Premium Member
64,413 Posts
P1NGP1NG said:
haha... this is one of my option now.
btw, some people suggest me to switch my rear deck to ex coupe deck because it has sub and third brake light. will that work?
This is what I have been reading.

I would guess it would work.If it does work it would be a much better option then that 3rd light setup,could be a bit pricey though.

Just FYI the S rear deck is $241.49 retail and that is bare bones not including speaker and sub covers.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
NBPRudy said:
This is what I have been reading.

I would guess it would work.If it does work it would be a much better option then that 3rd light setup,could be a bit pricey though.

Just FYI the S rear deck is $241.49 retail and that is bare bones not including speaker and sub covers.
IMHO, that would be the cleaner install appearance wise.

·
Registered
147 Posts
just get a jdm mugen wing. wont have to worry about the 3rd brake light...oh yeah btw a 3rd brake light isnt illegal, its perfectly fine and its optional to have one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts