8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i just wanna know your thoughts about the mugen. Is it really worth it to get that one over the reg si. Im probally gonna get one soon, but im having a hard time picking between mugen or reg. What do you guys think is better.

·
Premium Member
22,779 Posts
good luck FINDING one... that or settling for the same HP/TQ for a 30K Civic when/if you decide on getting it.

dont get me wrong, i love the look but approx 10K in markup for the Mugen name & limited production is just too pricey for me personally.

FA5 non-Mugen FTW!! unless you're a baller & would just die without a Civic in your life then go for the Mugen. my Honda dealer i work for here in Orlando, FL is guaranteed at LEAST one so far since we do so well in sales monthly. should be in our showroom (if it makes it that far after PDI) mid-October-ish.

good luck with your decision.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
I love Mugen as much as the next Hondaphile, but the Mugen Civic is a joke in my opinion. It's a great looking car, with a few cool cosmetic things on it, but in my opinion, you'd be paing 30K for the little limited edition badge inside the car. If Mugen/ Honda had supercharged it, and given it ANY sort of mechanical advantage over the regular Si, I might say go with the Mugen Civic. As it stands though, buy yourself a FA5 (I'm assuming you want the sedan, even though the coupe looks better:biggrin:), buy a Comptech/ Redshift supercharger, maybe some suspention parts, and some rims, and you will have spent the same amouont of money as you would have on the Mugen Civic, and in my opinion, you would have spent your money more wisely. Just my .02

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats what i thought. All they did was throw a few extra good looking things on it but thats it. I dont think 8k markup is worth that. I wish they had put a better engine in it or something.

·
Banned
441 Posts
Nexus4144 said:
Hey guys, i just wanna know your thoughts about the mugen. Is it really worth it to get that one over the reg si. Im probally gonna get one soon, but im having a hard time picking between mugen or reg. What do you guys think is better.
Lemme put it this way. Americans, are still getting screwed.

Ever see Wizard of Oz? If the $40K (USD) JDM Mugen RR is the lion AFTER he found courage, think of the USDM Mugen Si as a $30K tin man still looking for a heart.

Go with the reg Si.

·
Registered
142 Posts
My thought is, it's a neat idea. But instead of giving us what we *really* wanted, they gave us the image of what we really wanted.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
r18power said:
Lemme put it this way. Americans, are still getting screwed.

Ever see Wizard of Oz? If the $40K (USD) JDM Mugen RR is the lion AFTER he found courage, think of the USDM Mugen Si as a $30K tin man still looking for a heart.

Go with the reg Si.

Funny stuff! +1 rep for you!

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
you gotta pay to play.

thats just how it works, for those who are WILLING, they won't complain.
If I had the money, I'd be on it.. they basically added an exhaust and cosmetic modifications FOR you. If these parts were sold seperately, people would pay for them.

Mugen Si > Regular Si in terms of cosmetic differences
Mugen Si ~= Regular Si in terms of power

I think its worth it

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Power is about the same, but suspension is tuned a little. The wheels are forged relatively hard-to-find wheels, and cosmetics. If that is worth ~10k to you, then by all means. I just wish they painted it a special color, like the Shinka RX-8..... :(

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Idk if I would buy one just for the fact I would be nervous of sombody ******* it up, or stealing it. And I do not feel that it is worth the price tag. Like others have said, if it had a supercharger, or mabye it was a type R with a mugen package I would def. think twice about it.

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
Izzy said:
Power is about the same, but suspension is tuned a little. The wheels are forged relatively hard-to-find wheels, and cosmetics. If that is worth ~10k to you, then by all means. I just wish they painted it a special color, like the Shinka RX-8..... :(
well with a tuned suspension, may be comparable to the HFP or better PLUS the mugen name... ~$1800-2000 I'd say
the lip kit ~$2800-3000
the wheels ~$3000-4300
the exhaust ~$800-1000

now, by all means these are MY guesstimates and for the price people pay for mugen stuff alone... i think its worth it.
maybe because its a civic and the immediate ~$10k price addition is what pushes ppl away

·
Premium Member
10,506 Posts
I would like to say hello to our new member (op)!

I would also like to add that our site has an outstanding search feature. We ask that all members utilize this tool prior to posting. This thread is in fact a repost.

Please see this link for the info you need and kindly do a search next time

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18750&highlight=mugen

Thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.