8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My si coupe is on order and it may be a while my dealer just got in the mugen si and i looked at it it looks pretty sweet but im having a hard time seeing the 30k value here,My si with all the hfp stuff came to around 25k so i was thinking on geting the mugen cause its on the floor and ready to go but im seeing the 30k tag and im just not sure i mean its definetly cool to have 1 of a 1000 cars made.What do u guys think?worth the money or no,with this in mind im also trading in a bmw m3 because i dont want to hv payments anymore so buying the civic will allow me to hv a new car with no payments and the dealer giving me a check back.Let me know what u guys think about the mugen

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Seems like you're trying to simplify your budget and cut expenses. In that case the mugen SI is not worth it. It's overpriced.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya just tryin to simplify the budget on the coupe id be getting a ck back for somewhere in the neighbor hood of like $6500 or so if i went with the mugen id only get like 2k back,my girlfriend says to trade my m3 for a mugen is crazy but she says if u get a coupe si with the hfp stuff then she can see me doing it because im putting away a nice chunk of change, but she says u nuts to trade an m3 and only get 2k back whats the point,which i kinda tend to agree with her but i just wanted to see how everyone felt about the mugen

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
spoiler, exhaust, shift knob, lip kit, suspension, wheels... i'd say about 6 or 7k in upgrades.. which would make it worth around 30-31k.. i dont see why everyone's freaking out about the price tag. you'd be basically spending the same if you bought all the parts to make a replica. and they are limited so you're also paying more depending on the production number

if you're looking for more bang for the buck then spend a little more $$ and get a WRX.. hell of a lot more powerful than the Si and more modding available

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
chrisfrofro said:
if you're looking for more bang for the buck then spend a little more $$ and get a WRX.. hell of a lot more powerful than the Si and more modding available
:yeahthat: :yeahthat: :yeahthat:

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
^^It won't be in the low 30k price tag. I'm sure of it. They are going to give it crazy markup. The Mugen Si in my city is being offered at 36k. You can get an Evo IX otd for 33k over here...

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
If the car went for list price w/o dealer markup, it might be worth it. If you consider all the add ons plus the factory warranty backing it up, plus the Mugen name, although it is a stretch, you might make a case for it.

The trouble is the scumbag dealers who smell a major killing are rubbing their hands together gleefully, hoping some dumb sucker will ante up 40 big ones for one. I hope the dealers who are sticking it to customers have their Mugens languish on their lots for years.

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
Seriously though...it's all about the name--> "Mugen". People who pay for the mark up do so because they want the rarity that the car offers. I'm one of the few people that aren't interested in the Mugen Si. I'm not a fan of the color. If I see one in the freeway, I'll be sure to look, but I won't be jealous:thumb:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
not really looking for more bang for the buck i was just looking to get out of payments and i hapen to always like civics so i saw a few with the hfp packages and i liked them but when i was at the dealer they just got the mugen in and i looked at it and it looked pretty cool but from my end i was trying to put away as much money as possible so the si coupe will allow me to do that if i get the mugen then im putting away a lot less i just wanted to see everyones views on the mugen,the sales guy told me he thinks the mugen even though its limited will be a tough sell only cause its up in the 30k price range,but he also said that they wont sell it any less than that cause its limited where on the coupe im getting it $600 over invoice,i checked at a few different honda dealers and most of them wanted msrp and one dealer wanted $500 ovr msrp and was 1500 less on my trade so i ordered it from the dealer that was $600over invoice thats the best deal i could get and their not to flexiable on the hfp stuff their charging me $1500 for hfp body kit installed,$1988 for 18" hfp wheels and tires,$1100 for hfp suspension,and $400 for the hfp muffler ,they wouldnt budge to much on the hfp stuff the sales manager told me they cant discount the hfp stuff cause im getting the car for $600 over invoice

·
Registered
743 Posts
chrisfrofro said:
spoiler, exhaust, shift knob, lip kit, suspension, wheels... i'd say about 6 or 7k in upgrades.. which would make it worth around 30-31k.. i dont see why everyone's freaking out about the price tag. you'd be basically spending the same if you bought all the parts to make a replica. and they are limited so you're also paying more depending on the production number

^ i dont see how you add it up to about 6-7k worth of upgrades. Are you doing something like this..."spoiler=1k, exhaust=1k, shift knob=1k, lip kit=1k, suspension=1k, wheels=1k?" everyone is freaking out because its not a 30-31k car. People are spending all that extra money just to buy mugen brand. Ofcourse its not worth it, even with all thats included. It's still the same power, a lil better better on the suspension, looks a lil better, and thats just about it. It still doesnt outperform cars like MS3 which is only in the mid 20k's range. And if you wanna add up the mark up since these are limited production (high possibility)...lets compare it to the 30's cars...Evo? WRX? 350Z? come on....who would pick a Si over a Evo for the same price? Dont get me wrong, I <3 my Si...but if someone offered me a Evo for the same price, i would've jumped on it. In my opinion, this car is for Honda enthusiasts who have bank accounts and would like to add a mugen car to their collection of cars. But for regular folks who dont got the bank account to have a collection of cars, its obvious the Mugen Si is overpriced. Just my $0.02...heh

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
dont pay 1100 for the HFP suspension. College Hills honda sells it for 600.. i got my dealer to knock it down to match that price when i showed them the website for $600..

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
huanqi said:
^ i dont see how you add it up to about 6-7k worth of upgrades. Are you doing something like this..."spoiler=1k, exhaust=1k, shift knob=1k, lip kit=1k, suspension=1k, wheels=1k?" everyone is freaking out because its not a 30-31k car. People are spending all that extra money just to buy mugen brand. Ofcourse its not worth it, even with all thats included. It's still the same power, a lil better better on the suspension, looks a lil better, and thats just about it. It still doesnt outperform cars like MS3 which is only in the mid 20k's range. And if you wanna add up the mark up since these are limited production (high possibility)...lets compare it to the 30's cars...Evo? WRX? 350Z? come on....who would pick a Si over a Evo for the same price? Dont get me wrong, I <3 my Si...but if someone offered me a Evo for the same price, i would've jumped on it. In my opinion, this car is for Honda enthusiasts who have bank accounts and would like to add a mugen car to their collection of cars. But for regular folks who dont got the bank account to have a collection of cars, its obvious the Mugen Si is overpriced. Just my $0.02...heh

look around and see how much some of the people on these boards are paying for the authentic Mugen wheels.. the HFP lip kit it around 1k so you can only think that anything with the Mugen name on it is gonna be quite a bit more. but you cant compare it to other $30k cars because its not one! its a Mugen Civic Si.. 1000 in the world. now tell me how many cars for 30k are as limited as only 1000 being made. i see Z's, STI's, and EVO's quite a lot more than i even see the regular Si let alone the Mugen Si. its a limited collectors car at a not too bad sticker price.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i faught tooth and nail with the dealer about the suspension i told him i knew it was only $600 for the suspension i offered to pay the $600 and for the dealer to just install it when they were doing the body kit and wheels(makes sense since the car would already be on the lift) and the manager wouldnt do it he said nope he told me dont buy the suspension then,i even left the dealer i said i do the deal rite now but lets split the suspension and he said sorry i just cant do it.so i thought about it for a day and i said screw it i just have them do it so its all under warrenty and i dont have to do it my self or bring it someplace else to do it

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
ficjoe said:
i faught tooth and nail with the dealer about the suspension i told him i knew it was only $600 for the suspension i offered to pay the $600 and for the dealer to just install it when they were doing the body kit and wheels(makes sense since the car would already be on the lift) and the manager wouldnt do it he said nope he told me dont buy the suspension then,i even left the dealer i said i do the deal rite now but lets split the suspension and he said sorry i just cant do it.so i thought about it for a day and i said screw it i just have them do it so its all under warrenty and i dont have to do it my self or bring it someplace else to do it
i'd have just told them not to do it, then bought it from college hills and had the dealership you get the car from to install.. same thing.. you could just shove it in their face that you got it cheaper

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
i don't know...the Mugen Edition is definitely gonna be a RARE car
for "Mugen" itself...it's not about power... it's Mugen Edition...
If i saw a mugen edition civic on the streets...i would be like...
"damn...son that's a RARE car" thats it.
It's your decision...HFP Edition for 25k or Mugen Edition w/ added 5k = 30k.
Sad to say...I can't even answer the question if it's worth 30k. But it's
gonna be a rare car.

·
Banned
710 Posts
regular si's are the bomb, if ur gonna spend that much on a car get an STI// maybe even save up a lil more to get yourself a nice a nice Evo

1 - 20 of 30 Posts