8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 FA5 with HFP suspension and Progress rear sway bar. I like my setup a lot.

My friend has the 2008 Mugen Si. I was able to test drive it tonight.

Wow, what a difference. Mugen setup hugs the turn a lot better than HFP with RSB.

If I could do this all over again I would have gotten the mugen setup.

I am going to upgrade my tires and rims soon. Let see if that will narrow the gap between these two setup.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
This is a terrible comparison without knowing each of the wheel/tires setups.

If you are rollin on all seasons, the OEM tires on the Mugen are going to pumble you.. .

please edit your post with tire information.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As stated I have 2009 RA5 with HFP and Progress RSB. 2009 FA5 comes with 17" alloy wheels with Michelle all season tires.

Honda Civic Mugen Si comes with 18" Mugen GP forge wheel with BFgoodrich G-force KDW summer tires.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Check with your friend and see if you guys can switch rims to compare the rides. Then you'll really have a better idea of which setup is better.

I've always wondered how the HFP with RSB compared to the Mugen suspension. If you guys change rims and you come back here and let us know I'll love you forever!

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
Heavier Si wheel versus greater rotational inertia of the Mugen GPs... especially when talking cornering, the wheel won't make the substantial difference that the OP is talking about.

·
Registered
442 Posts
No, but the tires most definitely will. He has all season tires on his stock rims. His buddy has summer tires on his Mugen GP's. Tires make a HUGE difference hence people suggesting he switch tires and rims with his buddy.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I asked him. He told me sometime later.

Check with your friend and see if you guys can switch rims to compare the rides. Then you'll really have a better idea of which setup is better.

I've always wondered how the HFP with RSB compared to the Mugen suspension. If you guys change rims and you come back here and let us know I'll love you forever!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
try same rims with same rubber....i really liked the rebound valving on the hfp setup...and im sure you got more rotation out of that setup since u had a rsb assuming you had more camber in the front than the rear

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.