8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Mugen Si (Orlando, FL) ARRIVAL!!!

...just a heads up to the locals, my work (Holler Honda) will have our coveted Mugen edition Civic Si on the lot in a mere 2 weeks, possibly even BEFORE the end of October. do not have a VIN as of yet however.

just wanted to spread the word in case any1 would like to maybe see this bad boy in person.

not trying to sell it or advertise to sell it here (cuz that = bad PM from Mods & deletion of thread lol), just spreading the good news. it was production date 10/21/2007 & is currently showing "on-order" as of today so should flip to our "in-transit" listing within the next couple days. cant wait to see it & post up some good quality NON-CAMERA PHONE pics.

:vtec:

~Joey

·
Premium Member
22,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
update as i type while @ work: i have officially confirmed that our Honda-allocated Mugen Si is #92 of 1000 produced (8HXXXX92). should be here in probably about 1 to 2 weeks time according to my management. has to ship in-transit from Ontario, Canada to here in Orlando, FL.

just flipped from on-order to in-transit this morning as i expected. super exciting!!! :D

·
Premium Member
22,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
4serious!!

·
Premium Member
22,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PRICING update!!

well, when we get ours in 2 weeks approx time @ Holler Honda; #92 of 1000 it will be priced as follows so ive been told today @ work:

2008 Figi Blue Pearl Honda Civic Mugen Si
sticker price on vehicle: $29,500.00
destination & delivery: $635.00
dealer fee: $599.00
special limited production market markup cost addition: $5000.00

grand total (IF you're the only one even interested in seriously purchasing this Mugen Si, would be $35,734.00 then obviously, the "+++" part... trade-in, financing etc...

the good news is, you get a full tank of gas @ delivery... :shady:

hahaha....the car industry; what a hoot!! :D

for the few that might think im sort of "nutswinging" on this special edition Civic... please continue reading this post:

......i love my Si in my color & my mods thus far. i wouldnt have it any other way. there are a few things i dont like about the Mugen Si... namely the color for my own personal taste/touches. that's enough for me. plus i got my Si at a great price since i work there & it was the VERY first car purchased March 19th, 2007 when we opened our doors @ our new location on Semoran Blvd... no longer on 1792/Orlando Ave. so yeah; thats my story & im stickin' with it. :bow:

·
Premium Member
22,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah unfortunately if im honest, dont be surprised if you see MORE of the same at the other dealerships that opted-in for the Mugen Si too. we're not trying to be high & mighty or anything, but thats the nature of the business unfortunately.... the bottom line is money. its a money-making opportunity for a great profit off of ONE solitary car.

so instead of thinking of it as "price gouging" look @ it from the other perspective. i dont condone the markup myself, but im just a porter. lol i have no say & truthfully; it's going to sell regardless.

think of the Mugen Civic Si as the Acura Integra Type-R brought to US shores for the new generation. yup! :coffee:

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
kelmar said:
5k dealer markup!! Dang!

Can't wait to see pictures though. :thumb:
lol...are you really that suprised? the regular SI had a 3-5k markup when it first came out. i would probably say that this 5k markup will be average to what some other dealers will charge....
dont forget that you have to pay taxes on that 35.7k....so near me that would be a 39k civic after 8.5% tax.lol

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
NIGHTHAWKSI said:
lol...are you really that suprised? the regular SI had a 3-5k markup when it first came out. i would probably say that this 5k markup will be average to what some other dealers will charge....
dont forget that you have to pay taxes on that 35.7k....so near me that would be a 39k civic after 8.5% tax.lol
All i can say to that is Ha!

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
Thanks for the message Joey. I'll be at the dealer bright & early for some pics. I need to have my window looked at again.

BTW, I nominated you for ROTM but you need four more nominations to advance to the next round of voting. So get those nominations.

·
Premium Member
22,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
son of a b!tch... its that time already?!? crap! thanks for the heads up.

to every1 that doesnt already know... the 2008 Figi Blue Pearl Honda Civic 4DR Mugen Si has arrived as of 1PM today (Friday November 2nd). it was PDI'd, detailed, & placed on the showroom as well. the car WILL NOT be test driven. only purchased or showed around. additionally, the car will be locked & the key will be in management's possession.

pretty crappy i know, but this car is a big deal in that think of it as Honda's variant of the Acura Integra Type-R (sans the power increases) in the US market.

that said, i took a BUUUNCH of photos. im uploading & editing them as i type this information.

Holler Honda in Orlando, FL... WOOT!

p.s.- as written earlier, there IS a dealer market up (noted as "adjusted market value" in technical terminology) to the tune of $5000. gotta pay to play i suppose. however, there the rumor-mill is churning & stating that likely other Orlando area dealers have been marking their Mugen Si's up nearly $20,000 over sticker. GOOOOD LOOOOOORD that's absurd. so, that said:

sticker price = $29,500
destination & delivery = $635
dealer fee = $599
adjusted market value = $5000
grand total means you're looking @ = $35,734 +++

we'll see how the general public takes it.

next post, will be pictures i promise.

kthxbyeee!! :vtec:

~Joey

p.p.p.s.- sorry almost forgot to say. the Mugen Si shift knob is amaaazing!!! & so is the Mugen short-shifter FULL assembly replacement. that was a TREAT to find out it had it standard. NO-ONE knew that to the best of my knowledge. beautiful specimin. had it been RED, it might have been sold. ;)

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
This is in my dealerships showroom right now will post pics as soon as I get a chance. If anyone is interested call me up. Elham 6316650005 for pricing.

·
Premium Member
22,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
brooklynscat69 said:
This is in my dealerships showroom right now will post pics as soon as I get a chance. ** ****** ** ********** **** ** **. ***** ********** *** *******.
PLEASE EDIT YOUR POST. we are not 8thCivic.com vendors therefore we cannot OUTRIGHT "sell" on this site like that. please DO NOT get my thread locked and/or deleted.

thank you!

02civicsi said:
Hold up there is a Mugen full replacement SS. I may be selling my Comptech SS. Joey did you get to drive it.
i actually let Nick drive it from where it was off-loaded from the truck into PDI dept where the lifts are. he left @ 1PM cuz of his hours so i was being a nice guy. i drove it from PDI about an hour later to detail. then by 5PM i left w/ the '08 S2000 to UCF, dropped it off there came back to the dealer & the Mugen Si was ready for the showroom. did a bunch of tidying up on the showroom floor & placed the Mugen Si in the center angled. so i got my fair share in considering how ridiculously anal they are being over the damn car. lol i know how it is tho... they all just see $-signs in their eyes. that's pretty much the gist of it.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts