8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone looking for a mugen si, desert honda has one inbound, should be comin in november. All you need is a $500 deposit for the car to be saved under your name.

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
prepare yourself to pay $35,000 for it...

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
^ I agree. If you're looking for performance 350z, evo etc. if you're looking for something unique and pretty much the closest thing to the type-r we can get for now Mugen Si it is... Can you imagine hitting up Honda-Tech meets or any other car shows. you would definetly walk out with soemthing on your hand. :coffee:

·
Registered
586 Posts
Desert Honda....worse customer service ever. If you buy the car, go somewhere else for service lol....many bad experiences with them.

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Also be prepared to pay for a worthless "Desert Protection Package"

$1,000 charge for a a few accessories, and 'phantom' paint protection.

BOOOOO. Avoid Desert Honda and those damn theives at HONDA WEST. Findlay Honda of Las Vegas is the only Honda dealer in vegas that DOES NOT charge for extra crap you don't want, and DOES NOT charge premiums over market.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I heard that they're not just gonna sell it to any1. They're gonna take bids on it and the person with the highest bid will get the car.. lol

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes, 8thjen is correct. they are gonna take the biggest bid, meaning whoever is able to put the most down payment will get the car. btw, desert protection package no longer exist. there will only ONE other dealership receiving a mugen si... do the math, 500 cars made, 1200 dealerships, what's the chance of you getting one... i've seen hundreds of evo's and hundreds of sti's, not ONE authentic MUGEN SI, if i had the money, i know which one to get... btw, ppl who doesn't know how much an evo and sti REALLY COST, it's pretty much 50k, with all the market adjustments they put and other bs cost...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
btw, im thinkin of starting a honda meet in vegas, it's usually thurdsday nigts, but thinkin bout doin it on a wednesday or saturday nights... what ya'll think

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I'd rather drive around a BMW or Z, and people KNOW I paid $30g for the car...than drive around a civic where 99% of people wouldn't even know what the hell Mugen meant...or their so called "exclusive" standard features...aka some wheels, a wing, "track tuned" suspension and the name "mugen" plastered all over the car is worth the extra $10grand...I dunno though. A different engine probably would make it worth it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
^ i gues if all you care about is what ppl think and their ignorance of cars, then i gues bmw or z would b the way 2 go. my second suggestion is maybe you're in the wrong site, maybe go to ireallydontnoshitboutcars.com

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
si_zx6r said:
^ i gues if all you care about is what ppl think and their ignorance of cars, then i gues bmw or z would b the way 2 go. my second suggestion is maybe you're in the wrong site, maybe go to [email protected].

that's an e-mail address...not a website. Could you please direct me to the website...looks interesting.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
^ rofl

anyways desert honda is the king of stealerships as far as i am concerned (honda wise). findlay honda of henderson is also getting one, msrp guaranteed, not no shady ebay auction BS.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yup, that's the other dealership that's suppose to be getting one... dunno what their plans are, but i would check them out. least ya know what's goin down in desert.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts