8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
get your post count up and check the for sale section. Try craigslist or ebay as well. The only way to get your hands on a brand new one is having a mugen si vin# and order from the dealer.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Mugen Civic Si parts

get your post count up and check the for sale section. Try craigslist or ebay as well. The only way to get your hands on a brand new one is having a mugen si vin# and order from the dealer.
This is correct.

Even as the North American Distributor for Mugen, we cannot get these parts. The cars were sold as a premium product and Mugen is very strict about not selling replacement parts (except to those that can prove ownership) in order to protect the value of the authentic Mugen Si's.

Beware people claiming they were able to buy, or are selling these parts - every instance I've seen turned out to be bs.

Jude

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
This is correct.

Even as the North American Distributor for Mugen, we cannot get these parts. The cars were sold as a premium product and Mugen is very strict about not selling replacement parts (except to those that can prove ownership) in order to protect the value of the authentic Mugen Si's.

Beware people claiming they were able to buy, or are selling these parts - every instance I've seen turned out to be bs.

Jude
i bought one from my local honda dealer.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I know a few people who have claimed the same thing from their local dealerships. If thats the case then they are still using someones vin#. Kinda pi$$es me off being a Mugen SI owner.

·
Registered
255 Posts
The reason Mugen won't sell to non-Mugen Civic owners is to protect the exclusiveness that these owners pay for. Even as the sole US distributor for Mugen we simply cannot get these parts. We very much respect Mugen's loyalty to their customers - they could have sold a boatload of parts if they wanted, but instead chose what was in their customers' best interest.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts