8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i went to get my service done on my 07 4dr SI and the dealer happen to have an Mugen SI sitting in the showroom. At first i thought most of these cars were sold already but for some reason this particular Mugen SI was still on sale.

anyways my first impression of the car was. For some reason i wasn't feeling the front lip, but the side and rear lower lip with Mugen exhaust look nice and the rear deck spoiler was nice as well.

As you all know we can not get most of these parts from honda dealer except for the Mugen wheels which i liked alot after seeing it in person. the mugen wheels is going to be my first mod and next is going to be either HFP or Mugen suspension.

Now the question for everybody is, the suspension that comes on mugen SI
is that the same as Mugen Sport Suspension that Kingmotorsports is selling for $1100?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Its not the same suspension that king motorsports have available. And if you want to get Mugen GP wheels for your car I wouldnt wait long to do so. The wheels that were made available for 06-07 Sis were left overs from preproduction for the US Mugen Si when it was going to be released in the spring. Since the Mugen Si was delayed until the fall, they had to start production of different wheels compatible with the 08 Tire Pressure system, which the first wheels were not compatible. Once those wheels are all sold the only way you will be able to order Mugen GPs are from King Motorsports, and they are very expensive. Do it now while the price is hot.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I too saw a mugen today and i got to test drive it. One thing I noticed is that the exhaust is actually quieter than my si coupe. I was expecting it to be louder. Another thing was the vtec engagement I really didnt feel vtec hit like in my si I have the o6 it was smooth all the way to red line I know I know I am a sorry bastard for doing that but they wanted 30,000 msrp for it and 2,000 in add ons. The suspension is a bit firmer than mine but its still forgining on the bumps as i hit a few on my test drive. Third gear is as smooth as butter on this one maybe because its new. Oh and it does not come with navi just regulat cd player with no xm capability. It does however have a subwoofer in it.

A few things I didnt like about it was the stearing wheel the leaher looks and feel cheap. its not smooth and soft like when mine was new. The center console on the bottom it had a foam pad instead of the rubber one mine came with it. It seems honda tried to go cheap on these cars i dont know. Ahh and no mugen intake either first thing I looked for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.