8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was looking around the forums and stumbled upon this thread:
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/bolt...n-jdm-civic-type-r-sports-exhaust-system.html

The consensus was that the Mugen exhaust for the Civic Type R would not fit on the US Si.

But, according to this article at Motortrend:
2008 Honda Civic Mugen Si - Price and Verdict - Quick Drive - Motor Trend

The Mugen exhaust that's on the Mugen Si IS the Mugen exhaust for the Civic Type R.

So.... I'm confused. Which is right, which is wrong? Just out of curiosity.

According to my searches... I couldn't find an answer, so if this was answered already, can someone point me in the right direction.

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
you CANNOT!
fit a type r exhaust on the USDM Civics without modding the angle of the exhaust first because all Type R exhaust are further to the right than our stock ones.

so there for no they arent exactly the same.
and also what Dan said =P

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
lol.... oh well true that.

but i doubt it fits the same.
since i have the same exhaust as one of my friends.

and he decided to get the type r bumper and he had to end up getting the exhaust moved to the right so it wouldnt touch and burn the bumper

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
It should be the exact same thing. I had the Mugen Si exhaust and it looks exactly the same as the one for the CTR advertised on KingMotorSports
if you look at the USDM Mugen Si exhaust and the JDM FD2R mugen exhaust carefully again, they may look similar, but they're not exactly the same.

the JDM FD2R mugen exhaust has more hangers than the USDM Mugen Si exhaust. but yes they still look very similar.

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
maybe its easy but to get one of those exhaust and paying good money for it and then on top of that having to pay more money to have it cut and rewelded just sucks

i had plans on getting the ctr bumper but i paid over a grand for my exhaust and i dont want to have my exhaust messed with since its so much for it

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
maybe its easy but to get one of those exhaust and paying good money for it and then on top of that having to pay more money to have it cut and rewelded just sucks

i had plans on getting the ctr bumper but i paid over a grand for my exhaust and i dont want to have my exhaust messed with since its so much for it
its just cuttin off the existing hangers from the muffler, and havin two welded on

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So did honda/mugen just take the Civic type r exhaust, and basically just do those modifications to fit on the USDM civic?

I hate how they don't part out the mugen parts. Seriously. Way to NOT make money.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
So did honda/mugen just take the Civic type r exhaust, and basically just do those modifications to fit on the USDM civic?

I hate how they don't part out the mugen parts. Seriously. Way to NOT make money.
By not selling the actual mugen part's to consumer's it makes the Mugen SI that much more *rare*.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yea, that was more of a "I wish they did it for my own selfish personal gain" kind of thing.

But at the same time, they have HFP parts, which I don't see how they could make any more profit off of than the parts for the Mugen SI if they chose to sell them. I just read that the IS-F is coming out in a special edition, and that Toyota is going to have all the parts (except the body kit) available to owners of the regular base IS-F. So I guess I was just hoping Honda would do something like that.

In truth, it's probably the rarity factor, and also how they justified the $30,000 price tag maybe.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.