8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I copped the lip kit and I'm disappoionted in the front and rear. They are really weak. I expected them to be strong like OEM Type_R parts. So I got the Mugen sides and they are stronger quality, OEM style plastic. I just wanted to know if any of ya'll seen this sticker inside the Mugen Side.

How do I know if its real when the materials are different?

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
You're not really giving us a lot to work with. Who did you order the parts from?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I forgot about the picture. This is the sticker inside the skirt. I didn't order I scooped them up in the from some kid that had his car repo'd. I got the lip from another person. I used to have EP type-R front and sides and the material of the R lip and the sides were the same. The material for the Mugen lips are not like OE bumper plastic.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I got a few more pics. Sides are thick like and wooden paint stirrer. Mugen lips thickness compares to a dime. I found that the brackets say MUG on them and then I found the inside imprint. That <PP> imprint is on all honda plastics. What confused me is that sticker. I know that part of that code SS-C064D-A-MU mean SideSkirt(SS) Civic(C) 2006(06) 4Door(4D).

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
there wasn't even an si sedan in 2006, let alone a mugen. Are the reps?
There was no SI sedan, but there was a Civic Type-R and CSX sedan. Mugen makes sides for 2006+ Civic Type-r/csx. Check in kingmotorsports.com. Thats why that sticker is messing with my head. The quality is the same as my EP3 OEM Type-R sideskirts. And its not Poopyprolopane

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The sides are replica just confirmed it. The brackets on the Mugen kits are riveted. My front and rear lip is real tho.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts